Chaky opened a thread on rep a while ago and I just finished reading it when I found out it was closed for some reason (I seem to recall there being more messages in that thread....).

I've got quite a lot of posts for which I have recieved rep, but from newbies, so it's 1 point or "even" (whatever that is) or something.

Anyway, how many points do I need to stop being an unknown quantity? Because this annoys me. I don't like being an "unknown quantity", I much rather be on a distinguished road. :(

Regards 'an unknown quantity' ;)

Dani commented: A little push towards being on a distinguished road +10
happygeek commented: have some rep on me +10
John A commented: Have rep :) -joeprogrammer +4

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Basically "even" means that they don't have enough reputation themselves to alter someone else's. However, I went ahead and gave you a little push towards a distinguished road.

Basically "even" means that they don't have enough reputation themselves to alter someone else's. However, I went ahead and gave you a little push towards a distinguished road.

Thank you very much, that helped more then *a lot* of other posts. So how many points do I need? 100 or something?
I've made it a personal goal to hit " distinguished road " before I've made 250 posts. If that isn't the case then my posts are not usefull enough and I'll stop using this account and try again with another :)

Regards

It looks as if you need 50 and you have 40-something.

I've thrown some rep in your direction as well :)

Ooooooh look who's all on a distinguished path now :)

commented: Rep for you. -joeprogrammer +4

A good way to gain some rep power Niek...:D

Maybe even I should try out your way and see how things work for me.....;)

commented: some niek_e inspired rep :) +10

I've just thrown some at you as well, so you don't feel left out :)

commented: Have some rep too. :) -joeprogrammer +4
commented: I said I owe you one....;) - ~s.o.s~ +11

Heh, I sure owe you one Mr. Happygeek....:D

BTW just one point away from another Rep Medal (shiny green dot) ;)

commented: here's another "shiny medal" :cheesy: -joeprogrammer +4

Oh, oh!! Me! Me!! **he shouts waving his hands wildly** :mrgreen:

(just kidding)

commented: Here you go :) -joeprogrammer +4
commented: Here you go my boy...;) - ~s.o.s~ +11

By the way, each green dot represents 100 rep points. Oooh, I'm so close to that next shiny medal. You don't think that you could... :lol:

:cheesy:

[edit] hehe, looks like I just added another dot to ~s.o.s~'s profile [/edit]

commented: Here's a point or 2 for your next dot - Niek +1
commented: go on then, as you are such a class act blogger +10
commented: Oh yes, I definately can...;) Just curious, how many points does my one click amount to - ~s.o.s~ +11

A good way to gain some rep power Nick...:D

Maybe even I should try out your way and see how things work for me.....;)

So it seems.. :) Perhaps I should change the topics name to : the "hand rep to everyonetopic"
It indead took 50 points to get me on a distinguished road btw.

hehe, looks like I just added another dot to ~s.o.s~'s profile

I guess he's the onlyone with 6 dots? Congrats!

commented: Guess my small rep will help you more than 5 newbs combined, and thanks for the compliment - ~s.o.s~ +11

If you were a complete plonker then you wouldn't have got the rep from us. Admins can be funny like that :)

If you were a complete plonker then you wouldn't have got the rep from us. Admins can be funny like that :)

Damn my English

Plonker is a mild pejorative term to describe someone as being idiotic or stupid. A person behaving in a silly, idiotic, stupid, careless, incoherent, or dismissive manner would be called a plonker.

Well in that case, I'm gratefull I'm not a complete plonker:) (maybe some parts are still missing?)

:)

The term found popularity in the UK after it's use in a long running TV sitcom called 'Only Fools and Horses' in which the main character constantly refers to his brother Rodney as 'you plonker.'

Damn my English [plonker]

That's not English. That's Britishish.... They like to make up words just to confuse the rest of the world. They think they own the language because they're named after it... :twisted:

The term found popularity in the UK after it's use in a long running TV sitcom called 'Only Fools and Horses' in which the main character constantly refers to his brother Rodney as 'you plonker.'

Especially on the telly! :cheesy:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.