Hello Everyone,

I am the newest blogger on the virtual block here at DaniWeb. I am the Linux Blogger and new regular contributer. I have been messing with Linux for about 13 years now and I feel like it's an old friend of sorts. I do a fair amount of technology writing about databases, Linux, general open source topics, Apache, and more.

My current projects include a book on virtualization--co-authored with Joe Brockmeier of Linux Magazine fame, an online Intermediate SQL course for ed2go.com, articles for InsideCRM.com, and my regular columns in Linux Magazine (On The Desktop) and Systems Management News (Open Source). You can also find my work on LinuxPlanet.com.

A little about me:

I am an amateur filmmaker, a regular writer, a full-time employee of a global IT company, a father, step-father, and husband. I grew up in a small town in Texas and currently live and work in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I like to draw, paint, and write short screenplays--one of which you can view from my website at kenhess.com.

I love comedy, art, writing, and pondering the universe. My favorite books are "If You Can Talk, You Can Write" by Joel Saltzman and "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley. I currently use CentOS 5.1 for my desktop and server OS and am quite happy with it. I have used almost every distribution available but settled on this one after much frustration with Fedora 8 and SuSE.

Here's to hoping you find my blogs/column interesting, entertaining, and informative.

Ken

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi Ken! Welcome to DaniWeb :) I look forward to reading lots of your stories!!

Welcome to Daniweb !

welcome

Hi...Welcome to Daniweb Friend :)

Welcome!

Hi Ken, welcome to the DaniWeb blogging club :) off to a flying start I see...

Welcome to Daniweb!

Glad to have you with us!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.