This seems a very inviting site. I call myself map-lecturer because I like the 'ring' of it. And I do draw maps when I lecture.

I will admit I am a reluctant recruit. It seems that I am the de facto computer|network support in my home. The only way I can keep everyone else off of my desktop is to provide them with more attractive alternatives. So yes I have computer woes that I hope I can get some help to solve. But I am also resigning myself to the reality that I will have a lot to learn or else the problems will persist.

Anyway folks, is there a key, legend or glossary that shows what the different symbols and icons here mean. Such as the ones marking threads with a flaming log I think it is? Or, for instance, what is a RSS feed?

And to begin to attack my problem. Does anyone know a good primer on 'DNS' so I can even formulate a proper question?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Glad to have you here!

Hi there,
Welcome.
Feel free to post your question in the appropriate forum here.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.