I have been working with industrial automation and control systems for more than three decades. In my work I basically connect physical equipment like discrete sensors and actuators or subsystem to a controller and program it to do whatever possible. These types of controllers were (and mostly still are) called PLC (Programmable Logic Controller). The PLC were introduced to replace relays, wired electronic logic modules or custom electronics. Modern PLCs have become capable of doing a lot more than just plain boolean logic. As a consequence of this some have introduced the concept of PAC – Programmable Automation Controller.
In my work I have to switch between different programming languages. And that's one frustrating thing for me. I may know the conceptual solution, but I mix up the syntax from different manufacturers or languages. So, this website has rescued me several times! Thank you!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I too welcome our robotic overlords.

Welcome and glad you have found the site helpful so far from time to time. I hope to see you around these parts!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.