Hey

I'm Aaron. I'm a 31 year old student and forum admin in New Zealand.

Nice to meet you all.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hi Maul! Thanks for taking the time to join here, as well as for the delicious cookie. I'm actually browsing DoorDash now, as I type this, because now I have a craving for a dessert and a virtual cookie just doesn't quite cut it.

commented: You're right. Nothing is better than an actual cookie! +0

Oh, and also, I forgot to ask ... what are you studying in school?

I'm doing a course in beginners for Māori as I live in New Zealand and it's one of the languages we speak.

Oh nice. I just googled it. Are you of native ancestry or is it just an interest? Also, what are your initial thoughts on DaniWeb? (I need to ask because there's only one opportunity to ever get a first impression!)

Native on my mothers side but I've never learned anything about it.

It's quite a nice theme I really like it. Themes are a big one for me because some people have such ugly themes and think their forum is the best out there. Yours is amazing. It will take me a little bit of time to navigate the forums as the forum is unique. Good work :)

Hi and welcome Maul :)

It will take me a little bit of time to navigate the forums as the forum is unique.

Here's a link to the traditional forums page: https://www.daniweb.com/forums

You can find that link in the hamburger menu (three lines to the left of the logo) under "Social".

I tried to include what I thought were the best parts of Discourse, vBulletin, Xenforo, IPB, etc. Personally, I find Xenforo a little bit confusing. For example, I don't quite get the difference between "What's new" and "New posts".

How many times do people respond with "Maul, Darth Maul? Long time, how's it been?"

commented: I had to Google this. I've never seen Star Wars. +0

Hiii! I am also a student. Nice to meet you.

commented: Hello to you as well! +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.