Hello all,

My name is Alec Hussey, I'm a freelance open source developer and I am 15 years old. I develop for the NIX platform (specifically Linux and FreeBSD). I've known about daniweb for a while but haven't really looked into it before. Until recently I hadn't realized how much of a great resource this site is and most of the people here I find actually know what there talking about. The other forums drive me absolutely crazy with newby idiots. (Sorry, but its true). Well whatever, just saying hello.

-maddog39

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Well,you must be an idiot yourself when you were beginning.The purpose of the forums is to help everybody not to boast about something....
Anyway...

Hi Alec, welcome to DaniWeb and thanks for the kind words.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Well,you must be an idiot yourself when you were beginning.The purpose of the forums is to help everybody not to boast about something....
Anyway...

Well I never implied boasting about anything. Its just that, there isn't anywhere else where more experienced people can get help. Usually if I have a problem its with some topic thats foreign to a lot of novice users, and its extremely frustrating.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.