Hi a friend of mind is planning to put up an online storage website to cater organizations and institutions exclusively.

I want to know what to consider or any suggestion to consider in development. We actually have the list below in mind.

1) sign up/login for members
2) online upload/download
3) encryption (128 BIT AES SSL)
4) share locker with other
5) admin control
6) payment processing

One thing more, how much will this cost for development roughly?
And what do we need to know, to get and to expect with a developer to deal with this project?
Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I would sign up and look at what www.box.net is doing, they really know how to do it right.

@james1700 - in this case it is OK

Although that is james1700's very own website (no wonder he thinks they have "good design"). He's been spamming his site all over the web.

Although that is james1700's very own website (no wonder he thinks they have "good design"). He's been spamming his site all over the web.

Been asked to provide evidence (anyone can google themselves):
James Shaw = james1700
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:0BKQjWbvzLsJ:forums.oscommerce.com/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D205660+james1700+james+shaw&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=uk
There were other posts since deleted where james1700 admitted it was his own site.

Owner of jpshosting = James Shaw http://webwhois.nic.uk/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?query=jpshosting.co.uk

I don't like people who deceive others, like all the genuine posters on this forum.

@james1700 - you reported the above post as "posting your personal details". You wrong about it as these data are free to access anyone who care to run "whois" on your website domain or any domain available on the net. Threatening the other member will not help too, so no PMs please

Yes the details are available in the whois db but i do not expect them to be published around every forum.

We do not expect members to send other members highly abusive PMs either. So please either calm down or grow up, preferably both...

And it is bad form to advertise your own site/service in the guise of answering a question or being helpful - with no hint that you are recommending your own business. That is treated as spam around these parts...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.