dbrat 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all,
I just wanted to introduce myself to the community. My Name is Dee Brat.
I have been working within the copier industry for 27 years now. Started off in the US Navy with my first training school in July of 1981. Uncle Sam sent me to Xerox to train me on the 7000. An antiquated piece of equipment that used compressor air suction for their paper feed system. (similar to offset press operations) Worked very well for the era. The machine was 60 copies a minute(greased lightning back in the day). It also had a counting system that used gas tubes that would light up neon numbers for the count down to completed copy jobs. no more than 100 sets at a time. The collator was a nightmare. Solenoids open the pathway that channeled paper from bin to bin. Including the 50 bin collator the machine was about 8 feet in length.

After leaving the USN I worked for several different dealerships repairing just about everything that makes a copy. I first got into Ethernet Networking back in 1990 using 10 base 2 technology for Canon's Color Laser Copiers. Eventually went into my own business selling and servicing and got into troubleshooting print networking issues which lead to some PC repair and software and virus removal all of which is OJT. I have found that I have a need to expand my horizons to include some real training.

Any suggestions where I should start. I was contemplating A+ certification. But I would like some familiarity input so that I don't start my training by spinning my wheels.

Thanks in advance

it's me :) Dee

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.