Hi All,

I'm sure we have all come accross this problem before when Bobby validating for accessibility:

"Seperate adjacent links with more than white space"

- We all know that there are various ways around this, but I have come up with a funky solution.

Basically, inserting a seperating bar | (even though not part of the design), inside its own span, and then hiding that span with CSS...

For regular users there is a border-right seperator, so by adding a bar and hiding it with CSS we see one seperating bar between links with or without CSS - surely meaning the best of both worlds, as all user groups will have a seperating bar helping accessibilty i.e. the visually impaired using a standard browser, those using screen readers, as well of courseas the regular user.

What do you guys think? Any feedback?

Regards,

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

They do similar things so that people with screen readers know where table cells end in scoreboards etc..

Thanks for the feedback jbennet,

Ok so it may not be a new concept (darn it, thought I was going to be famous! lol not), but it is an accepted method amongst the accessible web community?

I only ask because I know my boss will...

Thanks again for any replies.

im pretty sure my lecturer mentioned it

commented: honest + helpful +3
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.