I am making a web browser for the Wii and i think all new projects should start with research, anyway to me html looks very familiar to xml and i was wondering if an xml could parse html so i can send the parameters to a function to output all the html as graphics.

p.s not sure this should be here

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

>i was wondering if an xml could parse html
You mean can an XML parser handle HTML? Probably not, given the differences between XML and HTML in terms of leniency and syntax. XHTML would be a better choice than HTML, I think.

hopefully this c++ lib doesnt need any pc (or mac :icon_lol:) based libs since i need it to work on my wii
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/library/GomzyHTMLReader.aspx

i suppose you are right about leniency in html since a lot sites do not look right in safari or opera when they look beautiful in ff or sometimes ie :?:

If you're writing the parser, then anything is possible! Oh course.... not everyone is insane as me. Sitting here writing a script parser for a game.

There's nothing insane about writing a parser.

>There's nothing insane about writing a parser.
There is if you're not good at it and plan on using the parser for any real project.

Maybe not, but it's at least mind-numbing if it has to do "everything", all in one little package, with-in a week.(I have a bet to win)

There's nothing insane about writing a parser.

He didn't say it was:

not everyone is insane as me. Sitting here writing a script parser for a game.

As you can see, (s)he's just stating that he's insane and writing a parser. I can imagine that that's a damn hard task if you're insane :icon_smile:

Nah, it's not really that hard if you're insane, as the results are likely to be insane as well - but you won't mind... because you're insane...

commented: Ok, I think you win the thread. +7
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.