Hi there,

I know I should've probably posted this in the hardware trouble shooting forums, but considering people only visit those forums on Tuesdays if it's full moon every million years (you get the point) I thought I'll get a quicker response here..

My CD Drive keeps on opening randomly by its self... When i switch on my PC, it opens, when I close it, give it about 1min, and it opens by it self again. It's very irritating and I have no idea how to fix it, I'm not very good on the Hardware side..

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

My CD Drive keeps on opening randomly by its self... When i switch on my PC, it opens, when I close it, give it about 1min, and it opens by it self again.

My first suggestion, there must be a issue with your cd tray Belt, i don't have much information about it, but your case sounds reeely reeely reeely funny :D :D :D, do not mind pls :P

commented: Agreed +0

There are 'gag' programs that do this. Might want to check what is running on your system.

probably gremlins have gotten into your computer.

LOL... gremlins.. Okay so this is not a cd tray belt problem right? if it were a belt problem the thing wouldn't want to open. I'll go check what programs are running then.
It must mean then that the program that is doing this must be running from the moment I start up my machine to the moment I switch is off again..Wonder what it could be...

LOL... gremlins.. Okay so this is not a cd tray belt problem right? if it were a belt problem the thing wouldn't want to open. I'll go check what programs are running then.
It must mean then that the program that is doing this must be running from the moment I start up my machine to the moment I switch is off again..Wonder what it could be...

May be you should post your issue in hardware thread, you will have good suggestion, else you may end up hallucinating about it here :P

Yeah that's true, if it's a problem with tray belt, it wouldn't open that easy.

any virus or some hacker playing with your patience ? 0_0

Hey i just got an idea! I made a "windows 7 repair disc" (I think that is what it's called"). So would running that disc maybe fix it? Maybe some drivers has gone insane or something...

Hey i just got an idea! I made a "windows 7 repair disc" (I think that is what it's called"). So would running that disc maybe fix it? Maybe some drivers has gone insane or something...

awwh, i don't know :/, may be you should keep a backup before running it, but may be it works, or may be wrong, ***shit*** :P

Not likely that will work. Sounds more like a hardware problem. Just buy another CD/DVD and replace the thing. I don't know about other countries but in USA they almost give them away.

Have you done a thorough virus/malware/trojan scan of your system? It could be hardware (something as simple as a loose/bad cable), or it may be something more serious. If it is the drive, they aren't very expensive to replace ($30USD about). If you have been pwnd, then you may have a much more serious problem to deal with.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.