Hello,

I am looking for a software that allows me to convert various documents ( such as MS Word, Excel, etc ) to PDF files, easily and fast. I have searched on Google but I'm not satisfied with the results so far, the free ones add advertising or watermark texts, and the paid ones are not very easy to use.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

openoffice can open 90% of all microsoft powerpoint, word and excel documentd and can export to PDF - its free too

Thank you for your suggestions! The best seem to be Cute PDF and PDF Writer Pro ( http://www.amicutilities.com/pdf-writer/ ) , I will also compare a few other, and then make a decision of which to buy!

When you say "software", do you mean an application program, or a programming library? Please be specific. For an application, use Adobe Acrobat. For a programming library, I like activePDF's products.

To convert files from all those programs you listed, I think the best option is simply to get the proper Adobe Writer. That would put a plug-in onto each of those software products, which would allow you to easily convert any of them to PDF. And it would allow users to digitally sign a document, if you are using it for business purposes (i.e. - creating quotations for customers).

Alternately, WordPerfect comes with the option of publishing its documents to PDF format.

Also, I know you asked about a writer, but if you are also looking for alternatives to the reader as well, you might consider the Foxit reader. It loads faster than the reader that actually comes from Adobe, and it is much smaller:

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

Regards.

David

how bout ifstreaming the files and writting them into a valid latex file. Then you can run latex and then dvipdfmx or dvipdf.

I've used www.doc2pdf.net for converting several DOC and RTF files and haven't had any problems at all. I haven't noticed any watermarks, its free, and its the first google result when I was looking for a converter. I don't know if it handles excel though.

I've used CutePDF Writer for many years and never had any issues with it. There are no ads or popups or watermarks.

openoffice can open 90% of all microsoft powerpoint, word and excel documentd and can export to PDF - its free too

can u give me the site for downloading latest full-version softwares, latest movies, latest songs(hollywood) & many other stuffs.

can u give me the site for downloading latest full-version softwares, latest movies, latest songs(hollywood) & many other stuffs.

You are in wrong place kid. We do not provide any illegal downloads and anyone even attempting to do so is kicked! Consider that for the future...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.