hi,

I'm doing a project which requires extraction of all the methods and members of a class in CPP files and such similar other informations. One big hurdle is these methods might use values/variables from other modules/classes. so I'm in need of creation of a complete symbol table which is becoming very tough tat can span to those other modules too. can anybody suggest an open source project which has these functionalities, and as well creation of the symbol table wherein I can use these symbols.

I tried with lex/yacc but then the scope of an extraction remains only within a file, else I need to write my own routines to extract the cross module dependency information, which ofcourse due to paucity of time is becoming a foolish decision.

Hope you get my objective. Please help.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Just writer your own parser, guess as a starting point you could use any language that uses regular expressions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.