NOTE: This is not my site, nor do I promote it. I want everyones opinion on it.

I was surfing the net doing my daily SEO research when I came upon this website that guaranteed 1st placement on 40 major search engines, including Google. Not only that, they said it is FREE! I immediately said SCAM! They said that they don't use any blackhat techniques and you will never get banned. I did some research and can't find anything bad about the company. It can be found at 1on40, just in case you were wondering. It is currently in beta and will continue to be free until they officially launch.

Here is a direct quote:

"Use 1on40's 100% FREE submission service and YOUR site will be NUMBER ONE on Google, Yahoo and 38 other TOP search engines for FREE.

Use our search engine submitter once. Experience the revolutionary FREE service and watch your web site shoot to the FIRST result of Google, Yahoo and 38 other TOP search engines in 120 days for your 5 keywords, then pay us (bid) to stay at NUMBER ONE position. YOU try our service, see how it works for yourself without risk. EARN from the results and then finally pay a small fee (bid) to carry on being NUMBER ONE on Google plus 39 other TOP search engines.

This FREE offer only exists while we are BETA testing our service. Try it now for FREE before we release the ‘paid for service’."

I visit this forum all the time and I just got around to signing up because I wanted to share this with everyone that has indirectly helped me. I want to know what you guys think about this. They have very bold claims, but heck its free. I just had to submit one of my websites that wasn't ranking well as a test ;) . I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S.- They said they don't use any black hat techniques either and claim you will never get banned. I just don't see how it is possible

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Clearly trying to promote your services - nice. I read through the website and my interpretation is that it's PPC, not organic SEO.

Unless they are using a Yahoo! Paid Inclusion reseller, in which it's a flat rate per click.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

If it looks like spam and it smells like spam ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.