Hi Friends,

I want to make a begining in SEO. But proper knowledge is important for optimzation. Can any of my learned SEO friends suggest me ways to start optimzation and also how to avoid pitfalls associated with excess directory or article submissons. Kindly help me.

- Arun

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

There is a lot to learn about SEO.
I would suggest to look around the forums in a specific area of SEO that you are inquiring.
Good luck!

Go to my blog linked from my signature and you'll find my Top 10 SEO tips. I can't put the link here as it will be removed by the moderator.

In essence though, concentrate on building high quality content and keep your web sites evolving.

There is a lot to learn about SEO.
I would suggest to look around the forums in a specific area of SEO that you are inquiring.
Good luck!

I agree... browse multiple Webmasters forums

The first step which you need to have in your web pages is to go for having specific keyword rich texts so that it gets indexed by the bots much easily and during search provides your page with higher ranks. Always search for the keywords which you are looking to optimize for and then start working on those keywords. Good luck.

First you just clear out the meaning of SEO. What exactly Search Engine Optimization. Actually the word it self saying many thing.But this is very Deep word as it looking simple.

This you can do with wikipedia. Follow all the abbreviation and reference link.

Then Come with specific question and i am sure you will get best answer and gradually you will learn SEO soon.

here is a good seo book...
have a look on that...

Hi Friends,

I want to make a begining in SEO. But proper knowledge is important for optimzation. Can any of my learned SEO friends suggest me ways to start optimzation and also how to avoid pitfalls associated with excess directory or article submissons. Kindly help me.

- Arun

Hi arun,
You should search online about seo or if u have any queires about seo then ask in forum.
U will get so many answers from there and it will be beneficial for u. don't ask like this tell me step by step seo. So many things for learn in seo.

The cool thing about SEO is that it is constantly changing. For instance, Google and Yahoo just changed their algorithms last week. They were left in stasis (or as close to it as possible) for a couple months and people thought they figured them out. Now, it is time to do some deduction to find out how to optimized for the new rules.

Just read several SEO forums, read articles, read Blogs from SE companies like Google and Yahoo, and compile the practices together to your own form of SEO.

Very Nice

SNIP

As far as onsite optimization is concerned, make quality contents with good internal linking structure and make the site as user-friendly as possible. Also update the contents regularly, if possible on a daily basis. You are done.

I am interested in knowing more about SEO too and hoping that more good answer regarding SEO will be posted here

This is a well known website in terms of it being an authority on SEO.

Search Engines are hard to predict. Maybe your on the top of the rankings right now and you will be shock one day or in the small amount of time that your rank is not yet on the top. It is important that you know that the search engines are changing. We still don't know how the algorithms works but you should build more quality backlinks and content.

I am currently have a problem with the new google algo! Last week I am on the 2nd page without doing something while now I have done a lot of seo stuffs, my ranking is decreasing why this is happening?

This are the activities that I am doing!
10 bookmark atleast
2 - 3 blog reviews with 2 links back to my target sites
10 - 15 commenting

Is there any problem with my activities?

You must used SEO method...
On Page Optimization : Improve and modfying keyword in URL, Title, Content Text, and Keyword...
Off Page Optimization : social bookmarking, forum submission, article submission, blogging, social networks..

Thanks and hope it can helps

Hi Arun, here's a few different sources I would recommend to start learning search engine optimization:

Jill Whalen from High Rankings has written a great starter at TalentZoo.com. Part One, Part Two, Part Three, Part Four, Part Five, Part Six, Part Seven, and Part Nine. You can subscribe to High Rankings seo newsletter here or Jill's RSS Feed.

If you have money to spend I'd suggest investing into Aaron Wall's seo training course or at the very lease subscribing to SeoBook's RSS Feed. Personally speaking I think Aaron's one of maybe five in the industry which you can take his word as right on 99% or more of the time (minus he's views on web standards).

Here's a short list of a few other people you'll want to follow via RSS or Twitter:

Michael Grey
Dave Naylor
Stuntdbl, he wrote a great article here the other day.

Through these sites you'll find the others roaming, chatting it up and you should easily get your daily fill. Be hesitant on taken people's words as fact, after all, everyone's technique/tactics could basically be considered hypotheticals being that there's no real standard.

Donovan Roddy

Hi Friends,

- Arun

I think you need to go at seo book you will get many more information

Here are some of the factors that needs to be considered with regards to Search Engine Optimization:

On-Page Optimization (its done within your site): it deals with the proper use of title tags, meta tags, alt attributes (use for describing images), description, h1/h2 tags, keywords, robots.txt and sitemap.

Off-Page Optimization (its done outside your site): it deals with creating quality of inbound links. Blog commenting, forum posting, classified ads, link exchange and social bookmarking are just some of the techniques that falls under Off-Page.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.