i am looking for a free way to promote my new forum and attract new members. I dont know anything about seo so my website usually doesnt come up on google or msn and if it does it is not first for example type in billspctips.tk and daniweb.com will come up before my site.
here is a link to my forum i have 3 members beside my accounts and my brothers account and they do not regulary post.
<< snip >>

Recommended Answers

All 36 Replies

If your having difficulty getting traffic to your forum and getting people to post to begin with (which is only normal) perhaps take part in a forum post exchange.

I have talked to muliple forum owners who told me they launched using adwords and adsense. you have to spend a bit off the start usually to make it back later.

another option is to ask a few friends to post there and maybe give them free ad space or moderator positions too. the trick is to get at least a core group of people around which give the perception of active discussion.

replying fast and good to posts is a must also

Hi,

I have just launched a discussion board for lawyers viz

I am just inviting lawyers all over to join the community

The best way to forum is to participate in the related forum and promote that you have new site .

Quality is your main friend: good design, unique content and a lot of work. Promote with links in signature and post good messages, not spam. make some exchanges, put the link in free to add directories with pr. Pay some adwords campaigns .. work constantly and you'll make it ;)

hi

If you are really looking to drag traffic to you forums, You have to learn the basic SEO. Its not rocket science , just placing and playing.
You can start with social book marking and tell the people about your website forums. Article Submission, Forum Directories Submission etc.
I am sure you will get traffic now and then.!

STeve

hi

If you are really looking to drag traffic to you forums, You have to learn the basic SEO. Its not rocket science , just placing and playing.
You can start with social book marking and tell the people about your website forums. Article Submission, Forum Directories Submission etc.
I am sure you will get traffic now and then.!

STeve

SEO is not the best way to get people to your forums. And most of the techniques you mentioned won't deliver much, if any, traffic.

Most forums are targeted to a niche. So you need to advertise on the sites those people visit (i.e. related sites). You also can participate in other forums of the same niche and put your URL in your signature. You should get a steady stream of new visitors if you participate regularly and make intelligent and helpful posts.

Thanks stymee. Your really a good adviser.

i am looking for a free way to promote my new forum and attract new members. I dont know anything about seo so my website usually doesnt come up on google or msn and if it does it is not first for example type in billspctips.tk and daniweb.com will come up before my site.
here is a link to my forum i have 3 members beside my accounts and my brothers account and they do not regulary post.
<< snip >>

You can join related forum and post your signature posts there where your forum link is your sig..

Promote your forum by submitting your forum to directories...

Yeah, same suggestion with cooluks.

To me, it is quite simple.

If you have a forum whereas nobody cares to join it; is probably not worth joining. Pursuing in its evolution into being just another forum that nobody cares to join, you'll need to solicit for meaningless new members continually.

Happy web site promotion!

You have also points on this part.

Make some link building/exchange , publish articles, work on your meta tags to fit your content - in short - SEO.

Yes I do agree with that comment. I forgot or something I overlooked to mention, the correct niche is most important key factor for SEO and traffic too. However I have seen lots of SEO doing such irrelevant links in websites of different niche.
I only wonder how could that effect otherwise PR?

Steve

The relevancy of a link doesn't affect PR. But it does have a huge affect on the search rankings.

The best way to forum is to participate in the related forum and promote that you have new site .

It seems all right, I think this is a very good way.

You have to be careful when doing that though. It's frowned upon in many forums for being spam. Since you'd be posting in other forums related to what your site is about, the last thing you want to do is get a bad reputation in your industry.

Definitely post in other forums on similar topics and link to your forum in your signature. By creating good, helpful posts, you'll gain a positive reputation among other communities in the industry, and your name and your site will become associated with quality information.

I agree with stymee, participating and posting helpful topics will really drive traffics to your forum.

I appreciate the concern which is been rose. The things need to be sorted out because it’s not about the individual but it can be with everyone.

vichi........
SNIP

try to get as many backlinks as possible
increase your pr of your website

<< snip >>

===========================
hello buddy i read your comment but dear i am also confuge plz any body suggest me about this plz help me
Neil Johnson
SNIP

You can do so by posting about your forum in other forums.
SNIP

Link building and backlink posting are gonna contribute also to your site's needs. Try to learn that in any information on various sites.

It's quite hard to get a forum active if you don't already have a traffic base from a site. You should give users a reason to visit your forum. Put a link to your forum in your signature, show other people on webmaster forums that you know what managing and promoting websites is like by giving them useful advice.

If you want people to come visit your forum and join it, then you need to work on the content of the forum. Build some nice contents as it is the only thing that attracts visitors. Also, to give visibility to your forum, use the banner advertising on other similar forums.

I suggest to be part of social networking sites, make friends and share your forums with them. Use it as in signature of other forums. Social bookmarking is also good resource of promotion and last but not least that is if you have enough budget then use PPC.

@guinanie: I agree.

when you actively participate in other forums and give sound advice you (and in extension, your forum) is bound to be noticed and soon other will be participating in yours.

It can be really difficult to promote a forum from scratch, but you just need to focus on 2 things:

1. Unique content

2. Backlinks or advertising (if you have the spare cash)

I found a website that helps with all forum promotion related issues. Here is a useful link:

<< Plug snipped >>

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.