How much does site maturity impact SEO? Should I make an "under construction" page and register my site with search engines before it's up and running for SEO purposes?
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

The age of a domain is a big factor, especially by Google. You come off as a more trusted entity when you've been around since 1996 as opposed to a fly-by-night domain opened yesterday and closed tomorrow.

However, an under construction page while you're developing your site isn't necessarily going to make a difference. We're talking more of a site being years and years old here ... not whether it launched in January or June.

To add , if the domain is ever dropped for say few months, it looses all values in the eyes of search engine.

Age often influences web site credibilty. Credibility is everything in a keyphrase competiton if you are interested in deploying long term successful and ethical SEO.

Get something up and running as soon as possible, like a cover page and not an "Under Construction" page. Don't mention under construction at all in your text. At least put a web page together that is relevant to your long term Internet marketing agenda. Siting on an empty domain is of no benefit to neither your future qualified Internet visitor nor the search engine.

Get started and grow from there.

Age of a domain matters. The more mature the more beneficial. But don't use under construction page, you could better add some relevant one page text.

I really don't think that site maturity matters in search engine optimization. It all depends on how you market and present your site to audience. All your ranking depends on your site performance and presentation. There are lots of sites that are new and are successful today.

Site maturity provide credibility of content and so on it might help search engine algorithms to rely on content which are generally stable and consistent.

> There are lots of sites that are new and are successful today.
Success is relative.

> There are lots of sites that are new and are successful today.
Success is relative.

I agree, Many sites are ranking in SERP, But if you check the age of the site, the site is new.. I guess content is really important..

I agree, Many sites are ranking in SERP, But if you check the age of the site, the site is new.. I guess content is really important..

By providing high quality optimized content, content that is indisputably unique and authoritative. with a web site that is evolving naturally over the course of time is the best way to sustain high rankings in competitive SERPS. Establish credibility (mostly by following the search engine content guidelines) and keep offering the search engine and the Internet visitor newer, better content. Continued SEO strategies like these provide the largest volume of the market share of qualified Internet visitors. As the presentation is equally captivating for the searcher, his experiences on the web pages turn easily into telephone calls.

Site maturity is fairly important, continue to add SEO Friendly pages as soon as you build them. Google do value the age of a domain

Google, in a way, gives importance to site maturity. The older the domain, the better. Site maturity connotes reputation/authority.

having an old domain is a advantage.. as it has a little bit of more credit and trust ...

this is just an advantage because all mature domain has some online presence and some time some gud back links too.

I have seen often that you can do wonder with the new domain too. if you use your cards well.

so it is all about planning and play well and safe.

Google trusts old friends and recommends them when the user fires in the query. The older the domain it gains credibility in Search Engines. Offcourse the content also matters but to get older websites in ranking is much easier than to get the new ones.

Google trusts old friends and recommends them when the user fires in the query. The older the domain it gains credibility in Search Engines. Offcourse the content also matters but to get older websites in ranking is much easier than to get the new ones.

I don't think that older sites can only get good rankings, if your site has keyword rich content if will show more effective results in SERP and could rank better than old websites.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.