One of Polish SEO experts published few years ago exciting AnchorPR theory. According to he, Google gives every sites Anchor PageRank, for example when many sites links to site X and this links hawe word "y" as an anchor text, so site X will have high AnchorPR for word "y", and link with anchor text "y" to other site "Z" from site X gives site "Z" more power and site "Z" will also be higher in Google ranking for word "y". My English is not well, so I don't know how to tell this theory more clearly, but I suppose you will understand it. This theory is used by Polish SEO experts in practice and according to many SEO experiments it realy works well and thanks to this knowledge they have top places in Google's rankings! Does anybody knows any American equivalent to this theory, or it is known only in Poland?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Does anyone who trust this? expect your viewpoint

Well pagerank is just a numerical representation of the number of incoming links that you have from trusted sources (the more trustworthy, the more weight they carry, and link love they give). However, to rank really good for a particular keyword, you should have incoming links whose anchor text reflects that keyword as well as that keyword represented (although not too artificially) on the actual page itself.

... However, to rank really good for a particular keyword, you should have incoming links whose anchor text reflects that keyword as well as that keyword represented (although not too artificially) on the actual page itself.

... and it should be noted that it is always most rewarding not to continuously repeat the same keyphrase all over the Internet but to diversify the keyphrase list using word variables, synonymous word phrases, prefixing, abbreviations, capitalization, pluralization, altering verb tenses etc.

Now, this type of SEO work need not have to originate exclusively from outside web sources. Link value comes internally too; by effectively deploying, from within a web site's own webpages, a well-structured internal linking strategy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.