I uploaded a G sitemap a long time ago and deleted it from G webmaster tools a few months ago. I resubmitted it using the Point2 verification code and today in the webmaster tools I see this error: "Your Sitemap does not contain any URLs. Please validate and resubmit your Sitemap."

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What is a Point2 verification code? Unfortunately I'm not so sure I can help you further without seeing your sitemap. Sometimes if you have a LOT of URLs in your sitemap, your server will timeout when googlebot tries to read it, and it will result in saying it does not contain any URLs.

please send us the url of your website so that we can review the sitemap..

if you are using a software ...then i would suggest you to increase the memory used for the sitemap and also increase the time duration for that.

Are you able to see the url through the sitemap? Try to regenerate it using sitemap tools that follow Google sitemap protocol and submit it again.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.