My PR just increased yesterday from PR 1 to PR 2. Lately I have been doing a lot of Social Bookmarking, which I am thinking was a factoring in raising my PR.

New Goal = PR 3 by the end of the summer. :)

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

That is great! Congrats. I also recommend you to do:
1. Everytime you add a new major component to the site - especially with the Ladies of MMA - create a Press Release and post it online as well as submit it to MMA related sites with a strong PR.
2. Constantly add new content - which you definitely do.
3. I did not see a site map on your site. If you dont have one, create one and submit it to Google. Site map enables crawlers to map out your site.

I do have a site map uploaded to google, and that helped index many of my pages.

I am always adding new content.

I do kind of do press releases with certain topics, more so the camp and product spotlights which are 100% unique to my site, as opposed with the videos or photos which can be found on other MMA sites as well.

Thanks for the helpful tips.

Dan

That exact same thing happened with my website yesterday. I also so an immediate impact on my search engine rankings after my page rank jumped from 1 to 2. I went from being ranked #245 for the keyword "make money online" all the way to #38.

I do not think this was all attributed to the page rank jump. I think the page rank jump occured because I had built a lot more backlinks to my website. Then inturn those link caused page rank to increase as well as my search engine rankings.

There were no changes in the PR of my sites, I expected a couple of my new sites to get PR1 but No luck. They remained PR0.

... New Goal = PR 3 by the end of the summer ...

Are you expecting some sort of prize when you accomplish this?

Just so that you are aware, you have achieved nothing and are heading for never-ending nothingland.

Are you expecting some sort of prize when you accomplish this?

Just so that you are aware, you have achieved nothing and are heading for never-ending nothingland.

Yes, I want a cookie and your life long respect and approval. Will I get any of those 3?

Other than PageRank, what are other indicators that one should look at as improvements on SEO tactics? I vote that better ranking order of the website on SERP for that particular keyword is another indicator of SEO tactics that one should be looking into.

How can I affect that though? Doesn't that just happen naturally as your PR and click throughs on keyword searches increases?

PR 1 to PR 2 is not a big jump btw how this is going to help you in SERPs?

Congratulations, but is that what you were aiming for? Just make sure that this does not let you lose sight of the bigger picture and ensure that your content is up to the mark. Remember, with a high page rank, and irrelevant content, not much is accomplished (ask the viewers).

SEOExpert
India

that happened in my site too. bookmarking and directory submission is all i've done.

Halo, Can you share with me how to make your PR went up. I just build my own blog ( engine blog )
Thank a lot.

PR 1 to PR 2 is not a big jump btw how this is going to help you in SERPs?

Well, I don't expect to jump from PR 1 to PR 9 overnight. Setting small achievable goals is a good way to stay on track and remain productive.

Halo, Can you share with me how to make your PR went up. I just build my own blog ( engine blog )
Thank a lot.

Recently I did a lot of social bookmarking, and have registered with various forums and provided a link in my sig.

Also, I have been submitting a lot of articles to article directories. I also have been posting on a lot of relevant blogs and message boards (same content as my blog), as well as a lot of non relevant do follow blogs.

That's just some of the steps, but so far my PR has gone up every 3 months, so I am happy with this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.