In a couple of threads I have suggested that people who are looking to build up site traffic was to write press releases and publish them on your website, followed by tweeting about the press releases with a link to the press release. Microsoft recommends this and I have used it to some success. Has anyone else had any success with this tactic?

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

this is a good factor in optimization and promotion.. you can also doo article submission and blog posting.

I've tried this very effective and get more traffic to your website. press releases are proven to:

* Increase traffic
* Spread exposure to a specialized audience
* Market companies to extremely valuable customer bases
* Increase off-site SEO
* Build a permanent web presence
* Generate more leads
* Easily attract industry specific traffic

thanks for tips.

Makeuse of press release in the correct way to draw attention to your site on the web is one great way of going about the successful publicity of your site. Just make sure that the information you give throughout the press release must be newsworthy!

Makeuse of press release in the correct way to draw attention to your site on the web is one great way of going about the successful publicity of your site. Just make sure that the information you give throughout the press release must be newsworthy!

Absolutely agree. I recommend to my clients that they avoid putting our press releases for every little thing. Stick to new business wins, awards, and mentions in marketshare reports by independent sources. Also, announcements of major company news (mergers & acquisitions, major executive hires, individual awards for company personnel) are good topics also.

Advantages of Press Release in SEO
1)Backlinks from credible news sites which increases the ranking of your website or blog for your keywords
2)Visibility in search engines
3)Ranking in Google News and Yahoo News for your keywords
4)Tens of thousands of headline impressions across hundreds of blogs, websites, and news sites that run RSS headlines
5)Potential media coverage
6)Can help your new website escape from the “Google Sandbox” quickly

The best result i can see with press release is that it can be indexed by google pretty fast, and gain a good serp in a short time.

Absolutely agree. I recommend to my clients that they avoid putting our press releases for every little thing. Stick to new business wins, awards, and mentions in marketshare reports by independent sources. Also, announcements of major company news (mergers & acquisitions, major executive hires, individual awards for company personnel) are good topics also.

I really thank you for your valuable info. It could also be used very easily. I have a small doubt in this. Whether Product Addition and Discount Offers could also be given as a link in this Press Release. If that is okay, I would do it to my advantage. It would both serve as an internal link as well as the news for our customers.

Thanks again.

I am creating a press release for SEO rankings Can I send it to a news agency like fox and ask them if they?

I m agree with bro we can drive traffic to our site over the well known press release site :)

Press release is one of the way to get back link. It is best seo process.

Nice info keep it up..
Thanks for nice sharing

You can use same technique with the Article also. Once you post an article, you can share it to your social networking sites e.g. twitter, facebook etc. This helps to get visitors to your article.

this releases your site news for a couple of day on the first page of Google.

I think you can use press releases only when you have a real product to advertise. It will expand your market and probably will increase the sales of your products.

Press Release submission is the great technique to get quality back link as well as visitors. Our content must to be fresh in press release. Fresh content will reach targeted visitors.

I have tried that technique and it had great result in a short period of time and best is there are press release sites that offer this for free.

i am also agree with that

Yes, press release good methods to drive traffic and link building. My personal experience also like that.

yes very true I also used the same trick and got lots of traffic.I usually do press release for traffic

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.