I'm quite anxious to know about the next page rank update by google.Do you have any idea about it ??????

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Google doesn't share *when* they will update their search results or pagerank. No one knows but Google.

Besides.. i wouldn't put much emphasis on PageRank these days... It has no bearing on how your website will rank in the search results and the only people who pay any mind to it - are webmasters.

I have to concur with Jay on putting much stock in the page ranks. Better to focus on compelling content for your site as the more important factor for your site should be visitor experience.

As for Google, as Jay said, only Google knows what Google is going to do.

Google update individual site's PR but not in a batch. The period might be 2 to 3 months. Keep building quality backlinks and you would get higher PR on the next update. :)

Last i heard was that google has discontinued PR, so thre wont be any updates for the time being!

If PR would be completely worthess, Google would remove it, but they don't. They just tell it does not matter, but this talk is not what I have observed.

On all my sites - and I have a lot - I can see a direct relation between pagerank and traffic. The better the PR the more traffic I get. And this is data from today, not some weird thing that I heard or so.

On all my sites - and I have a lot - I can see a direct relation between pagerank and traffic. The better the PR the more traffic I get. And this is data from today, not some weird thing that I heard or so.

That might be true for your websites - but in general, there is NOT a direct relationship between web traffic and Google Toolbar PageRank. If there was, then CNN.com (PR 10) would get more traffic than Yahoo! (PR9). That's just not the case.

If there was, then CNN.com (PR 10) would get more traffic than Yahoo! (PR9). That's just not the case.

How can you tell this? Do you own CNN and Yahoo?

How can you tell this? Do you own CNN and Yahoo?

Yes - i own them both and according to my analytics - Yahoo gets a ton more traffic than CNN. :icon_wink: And FWIW - So does Facebook, MSN, and Wikipedia - which are all ranked, in terms of TBPR, lower than CNN.

Seriously though.. it's fairly common knowledge and pretty well documented that these sites get far more web traffic than CNN. More importantly, there is absolutely no direct correlation between traffic and PageRank. I guarantee you that if your PR decreases, it does not necessarily mean that your traffic will too (and vice-versa).

google updates PR from two to three months.

if you were able to take note on the last time Google made an update on your site, then it'll be safe to say it will be 2-3 months from it. It usually goes that long, but I guess Google made some changes now.

In short, they are more unpredictable.

Thanks for shearing such a nice information!!

I dunno about anything else, but had a torrid time when they last had a PR update. Most of my websites didnt score much in that update... Sad on my part :(.

Is the update still going on or has it stopped?

I dunno about anything else, but had a torrid time when they last had a PR update. Most of my websites didnt score much in that update... Sad on my part :(.

Is the update still going on or has it stopped?

Don't worry about what the PageRank says in Google's little toolbar. How are your rankings in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages)? Are you returning for the keyword phrases you are optimizing for??

Google update PR and backlinks once in three month and the update is already completed this month.

Well no body know except google about the next update of google, but we can also guess and my guess is after 25-30 days, again we will see change in pr.

Keep in mind that google updated page rank every three months, but bot comes to your website every month to re-check it all :)

Google doesn't share *when* they will update their search results or pagerank. No one knows but Google.

Besides.. i wouldn't put much emphasis on PageRank these days... It has no bearing on how your website will rank in the search results and the only people who pay any mind to it - are webmasters.

Likewise, I wouldn't talk more about PR myself because I see it as a way google is using to control every website. Nobody will ever know when google updates it's PR. So lets stop guessing.

Yes - i own them both and according to my analytics - Yahoo gets a ton more traffic than CNN. :icon_wink: And FWIW - So does Facebook, MSN, and Wikipedia - which are all ranked, in terms of TBPR, lower than CNN.

Seriously though.. it's fairly common knowledge and pretty well documented that these sites get far more web traffic than CNN. More importantly, there is absolutely no direct correlation between traffic and PageRank. I guarantee you that if your PR decreases, it does not necessarily mean that your traffic will too (and vice-versa).

You're absolutely right,there's no co-relation between pagerank & traffic.Even I know some sites which have PR5 but have traffic below 1000 per month.

Nobody knows exactly. Usually every 1-4 months.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.