hello,
i have two websites built on the same keyword and hosted on the same provider. one of them is 2 years old, the other one was created a few time ago. the first site was on the first page in google search.
now, the second site is placed in first places in google search but the first site disappeared. some times they shift back. the second one disappeared and the first site is in first places.
can i have both toghether on first page in google search?

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

hello,
i have two websites built on the same keyword and hosted on the same provider. one of them is 2 years old, the other one was created a few time ago. the first site was on the first page in google search.
now, the second site is placed in first places in google search but the first site disappeared. some times they shift back. the second one disappeared and the first site is in first places.
can i have both toghether on first page in google search?

I've seen this type of behaviour frequently lately. It's not easy to swamp the lead pack of keyphrase compeitors but can happen. When the search engine bounces rom one to another in a networked SERP approach it's the search engine realizes that both sites mean basically the same thing, have very similar corporate agendas (they market the same business in the same way), their on-site ranking factors parallel (Titles, keywords tags, images etc.) and are probably closely intertwined from a linking perspective (lotsa' cross-linking). Because of the similarities, the search engine struggles to determine which webpage is more valuable for your keyphrase search.

You can get them both up in rankings simultaneously but you'll have to radically refocus one of them. You have to create two uniquely devised web presentations.

I've seen this type of behaviour frequently lately. It's not easy to swamp the lead pack of keyphrase compeitors but can happen. When the search engine bounces rom one to another in a networked SERP approach it's the search engine realizes that both sites mean basically the same thing, have very similar corporate agendas (they market the same business in the same way), their on-site ranking factors parallel (Titles, keywords tags, images etc.) and are probably closely intertwined from a linking perspective (lotsa' cross-linking). Because of the similarities, the search engine struggles to determine which webpage is more valuable for your keyphrase search.

You can get them both up in rankings simultaneously but you'll have to radically refocus one of them. You have to create two uniquely devised web presentations.

the content is quite different, images are different but they have the same title, keywords and they one of them has links to the other one. i'll try to change that

thanks a lot

It is called sandbox phenomenon , even the new website will disappear after few weeks.

It is called sandbox phenomenon , even the new website will disappear after few weeks.

I'm getting the impression that we're talking about two web sites both two years old, battling it out for authoritativeness; the search engine is trying to determine which is the more credible business version.

Now. I could have completely the wrong impression about this scenario and a brand new web site could, in fact, now be in suspension (pending the evolving proof of its own importance).

I'm getting the impression that we're talking about two web sites both two years old, battling it out for authoritativenes, the search engine is trying to determine which is more credible. Now. I could be wrong in my impression and a brand new web site could now be in suspension, pending evolving proof of its own importance.

no, one of them is two years old and one has several months

no, one of them is two years old and one has several months

Well then. in that case, it would appear like the sandbox theory has better footing than mine. Thanks for causing me to think and spew.

I don't think this is a problem for they are both your sites. :)
This phenomenon between your 2 sites has no inner relations, I think.

This might sound preumptious but if they are both based on the same keyword and this sandboxing thing is happening, why not take one down as they seem redundant?

Please tell me your URL

can you tell me the URLs of both the websites along with the keywords you are targeting? Thanks!

problem solved, i've change the title and meta description on one of the web sites and now they appear both together in google searches :)

Try to maintain that website should not have duplicate content nor on web pages and neither in Meta Tags.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.