what is the relation between popularity and competition in SEO field? i don't mean the formula.i mean the conceptional relation. i mean can we say more competition cause more popularity or viseversa,more popularity cause more competition?

more competition about a topic means it is general that many sites talk about it and so maybe more people use the web for finding information about that topic and this cause more popularity. on the other side,if more people search a special term on the web means there is some need for that topic and this cause site owner to talk about that topic to attract more visitors to their site and it cause growing competition.

what is your idea? am i think wrong?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

what is the relation between popularity and competition in SEO field? i don't mean the formula.i mean the conceptional relation. i mean can we say more competition cause more popularity or viseversa,more popularity cause more competition?

more competition about a topic means it is general that many sites talk about it and so maybe more people use the web for finding information about that topic and this cause more popularity. on the other side,if more people search a special term on the web means there is some need for that topic and this cause site owner to talk about that topic to attract more visitors to their site and it cause growing competition.

what is your idea? am i think wrong?

In SEO, usually, a competitive keyphrase is also a popularly searched one. In other words, a term that has a high search frequency has high competition in the search engine results pages.

Now, this isn't always the case. Sometimes a term is "trending" and can have little competition of significance but those situations are generally short lived phenomena.

Hi,

According to my understanding, popularity in SEO would refer to link popularity. Higher link popularity would generally help in SERP purpose.

have a nice day,

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.