Hi

I am developing website by using I Frames, my question is whether search engine can index my webpages?

Can anyone suggest me some alternative ways instead of I frames.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Iframes are very much so not recommended for SEO. yes, Google will be able to crawl to the one page that you are linking to within an iframe. But Google won't get the full picture as to how your site is structured, and you'll lose a lot of PageRank in the process.

Also, you may want to include the associated web page (the iframed webpage) in your site map (Sitemap), that'll pretty much assure the search engine will reward the content (provided it's your content of course).

Unless there are very specific circumstances, having on-page content is the most beneficial to the website in terms of search engine optimization.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions/

yes i agree on the top replies i frames are not search engine friendly . search engines will not index our website in i frames

You can use Iframe but donot use this in navigation

Naturally Google crawlers are unable to crawl the content inside the Iframes.
So instead of Iframes I suggest you to use HTML <div> tags which can also gives same results.

Hi

I am developing website by using I Frames, my question is whether search engine can index my webpages?

Can anyone suggest me some alternative ways instead of I frames.

IFrames can be used in a webpage but it result in some problem in SEO process, so it should be avoided unless and until it is a major requirement...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.