I just want to know that why this command has different result when used with "" and without ""

for example:

link: www[dot]domain[dot]com

link: "www.domain.com"

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I just want to know that why this command has different result when used with "" and without ""

for example:

link: www[dot]domain[dot]com

link: "www.domain.com"

When you place a search query in quotations the search engine will identify exact matches of the words in the order you specify, otherwise, it can mix and mash results that contain some variation of the query. The dot is a separator.

When you do a search using the quote marks, Google returns only those pages which have that exact phrase on it. For example, if I search for:

some random phrase that I type

it will give me any pages which have all of those words somewhere on the page (or in the URL, or in the meta tags, etc).

When I search for:

“some random phrase that I type”

When you do a search using the quote marks, Google returns only those pages which have that exact phrase on it. For example, if I search for:

some random phrase that I type

it will give me any pages which have all of those words somewhere on the page (or in the URL, or in the meta tags, etc).

When I search for:

“some random phrase that I type”

I believe we are talking about the link: operator and not the double quote operator.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.