:mad:
Over the past months I have been working on << url snipped >>. I have limited knowledge of SEO but have done my best. I have also slowly developed links to the page and maintained a pr of 5.
However, I am still not ranking well for my main keywords. I am not ranking well in google due to the sandbox effect but hopefully this will not last much longer.
Could anyone have a look at my site and suggest where I am going wrong?. The site is updated approximately 3 times a week with some fresh content. Most links to the site include the main keywords. I have more content than all of my competitors.
The site has good traffic approximately 15000 per month but I know this could grow exponentially if i ranked well for my main search terms. The biggest search term would be live football. For MSN I rank no.1 for this term. However, I do not rank in google and in yahoo are 23rd.
Any ideas or suggestions or even just sharing your experiences of the google sandbox would be much appreciated.
;)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

By the sounds of it, you are doing everything right. Be patient as Google is going through some growing pains again and hasn't done a major refresh in the last few months, testing new algos ...

I'd leave it alone for while so as to not appear to have deveoped too much too quickly.

It takes around 6 months to about an year and a half for you to start doing well on good key words, just keep doing what you are doing and place empahsis on anchor text for back links, before you know it you would see yourself ranking well on good keywords.

What is your link building strategy?

if you have good rank in msn . then defenately you will get good rank in yahoo and google too . all you need to do is have some patience and keep doing what you are doing now .

:mad:
... I have also slowly developed links to the page and maintained a pr of 5.
However, I am still not ranking well for my main keywords. I am not ranking well in google due to the sandbox effect but hopefully this will not last much longer ...

Just curious, I reread this post and the subsequent follow-ups. How do you get a PR5 from a web site that is still sandboxed? I have 5 web sites sandboxed right now and if there is a way to get PR, please share it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.