After google's spam update my websites' visitor decrease a lot. Even many of my backlinks has been broken. So what is need to improve to increase my website's visitor.

sanjaypasari commented: Thanks for sharing the update. +0

Recommended Answers

All 19 Replies

Tell more about this rewriter. Why I ask is this is the year I'm seeing the rise of real AI (I call it ML) tools for writing, art and voice work.

Why I mention this is it may not be spam but competition from the new AI tools we have today.

I've been surprised with the rapid adoption of AI Art by Microsoft adding Dalle to Office and Shutterstock as well. It's not just Google that is seeing a seismic shift and rapid adoption of AI/ML here. I see rewriting tools powered by AI up for reoffer as well.

This is my website rewritertools.com it's a paraphrasing software. Besides the article rewriter tool the site also includes article spinner, paraphrasing tool, grammar checker and word counter also have some informative blogs.

Please suggest me what should I do about it?

On Daniweb you should use the tagline in your profile. Due to changes since I last looked at that, maybe a note to Dani where it is now.

I looked at your site and for me it's nothing I'd use.

Is this used to spam sites with article posts for SEO or something else? It seems that such a tool would be in the domain of spam creation.

Explain to me as a seasoned coder what this tool is for since at first glance it doesn't seem useful.

My website is not a spamming site. The tools in this site are for helping students and writers with their content -be it essays, or online blogs. Sometimes when they can't find the words they are looking for to express themselves, they can use the article rewriter tool to get inspiration, or a version of their original content. Other tools including grammar checkers, spell checker, and word counters are quite helpful for writers to edit and organize their text content.

When I looked at rewriter I also took time to look at the new AI/ML writers. I think you may need to up your game.

As to spammer use, I can see that but sure, maybe it's for students too. That is, we know that teachers now run plagiarism checks so I would also guess this is an attempt to work around that. We all know students that have tried to pass off passages from Wikipedia as their own work.
So I'm still guessing what rewriter's market is as well as how well that stands up to today's newer AI writers. As to backlinks, don't those break over time and you have to continually work at that?

I looked at your site and for me it's nothing I'd use.
Explain to me as a seasoned coder what this tool is for since at first glance it doesn't seem useful.

This is the Search Engine Strategies forum and you don't work in the SEO industry. The tool isn't useful for you because it's not targeted for people like you, and it's certainly not targeted towards coders. It's an SEO tool.

On Daniweb you should use the tagline in your profile. Due to changes since I last looked at that, maybe a note to Dani where it is now.

Click on your avatar in the top right corner of the page and then click on Control Panel. From there, click on "Community Profile" and update your post signature to include a link to your site at the bottom of all your posts.

commented: Nice to know the backlink work can be automated. OP did write this was for students. +16

As to backlinks, don't those break over time and you have to continually work at that?

Here at DaniWeb, we completely automate that process. Most people use a tool such as Screaming Frog, or even Ahrefs, to find broken backlinks.

Since you asked I went out and looked at both your site and then over to https://rytr.me/

Rytr is an AI writing assistant that in my comparison is the next step up to what I think your site was trying to accomplish. From Ryte they say:
"✉️ I can write sales and marketing emails that get replies
📝 I can provide ideas and write engaging content for blogs
📣 I can generate creative, catchy copies for social media
📦 I can write product, job, profile, video descriptions
📷 I can do interesting captions for your Instagram posts "

Maybe it's not a google algorithm but simply competition.

Hey,

I was working as a tech writer with many tech giants and found that many of the website owners reported the same issues.

How one can solve this problem is not very rocket science information:

1. First, just find all the thin pages of your websites, and remove those that are just created for the purpose of SEO
  2. Try to find all low-quality backlinks; just remove them with google disavow tools
  3. Post only quality information that google is more interested in.

All tools-generated content is just awesome if that adds some value to the user's journey or at any flow.

Also, Tools suggested by @dani ahrefs and SFG can help you more to rollback your traffic.

First, just find all the thin pages of your websites, and remove those that are just created for the purpose of SEO

Removing pages created for the purpose of SEO. The hard part is figuring out what constitutes a thin page but is created for users. For example, I've found that Google looks at all DaniWeb member profiles as thin pages, so I needed to take care of that to recover from a penalty back in the day.

The hard part is figuring out what constitutes a thin page but is created for users.

It's not that too harsh. Finding a user's profile like spam is easy; I am working right now with 3-4 clients taking care of these things.

You can also curate some algo to make your portals more engaging, and users will come across you, and can be a great asset for daniweb.com too. The more qualitative users we will have or the more qualitative influencers will boost traffic to the community and make it more engaging.

User profile spam is different than user profile thin content. ;) I'm not talking about user profiles that include links or self-promotion.

That being said, I actually recently started working on creating some tools to hopefully make DaniWeb more engaging. I started with an SEO tool since that's one of my main interests. You can check it out here. It actually just went live yesterday.

I have checked these tools, but it is very complex to understand, what should it be you create that automatically picks information from the URL and give results according to that?

What ahrefs, Semrush, and other SEO tools are working with backlink generation they are giving data in a single click, but yours does not have that kind of easiness.

Better to have to ask for the domain URL or page URL and then just show them what they are looking for.

Also, about making this community more and more engaging, We should try to add value for our users.

What free users are getting and when they are signing up for paid subscription then there should be something that is adding value to their profile or their pockets.

There are already so many tools you can use to retrieve your site's backlinks. As you mentioned, there's Ahrefs, etc., and they all do a very thorough job spidering the web, best I can tell. The goal of my tool isn't to be yet another.

Instead, it's an easy way to check that links you may have acquired (naturally, unnaturally, paid, sponsored, white hat, black hat, etc.) are actually capable of benefiting you. Many link builders think to check that a link is nofollow'ed but that's not enough to ensure that the link is visible to Google and crawlable. The page the link is on can be blocked via robots.txt, etc.

@dani,

The information is correct.

Sorry, I don’t understand? What information? I’m not disagreeing with the value that backlink data apps like Ahrefs bring to the table.

I see I missed a lot of things. Could someone tell me more about Google's spam update or share some relevant articles on this topic?

commented: Thanks +0

Google algorithms frequently change and so do its rules. So, consider these things to improve your website.

1. Find broken links and fix them.
  2. Disavow all those spammy links.
  3. And then build high-quality backlinks.
  4. Keep updating your site.

Considering these things may help you increase your website visitors and rankings.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.