Are URLs submitted to Google in a disavow file excluded from the list of external links in Google Search Console?

Yes, URLs submitted to Google in a disavow file are excluded from the list of external links in Google Search Console. The disavow file is used by website owners to tell Google not to take certain links into account when evaluating the website's link profile. By submitting URLs to the disavow file, website owners are effectively asking Google to ignore those links, and they will not be included in the list of external links in Google Search Console. However, it's important to note that using a disavow file should be a last resort and should only be used when there is no other way to remove harmful links pointing to a website.

Yes, URLs submitted to Google in a disavow file are excluded from the list of external links in Google Search Console.

It's very odd that you say that. After I posted this question yesterday, I went on to do some more research trying to find an answer. I ended up coming across someone posting on another forum that, months after submitting their disavow file, they recovered from their penalty, but the disavowed links still showed up in their list in Google Search Console.

Is your response based on your own first-hand experience or did you just read it somewhere?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.