just wanna know .... if putting free articles on my site say 2 or 3 from free artical websites is a good or bad thing for search engines and is this a bad idea for my site in general.
I also submit articles that are from my site with my link in the author bio to these free article sites.is that a bad thing.?

sorry if this is a stupid question.lol

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I wouldn't advise duplicate content. And i know for sure Google will consider it such in a couple of days and toss those pages to supplementary. If you really need those articles, don't put them on the pages which bring traffic. Original content deserves free traffic from google and who needs dups. I think its pretty fair. :)

Yep, instead you can start a blog and post those articles by splitting or editing it.

Duplicate content is worthless nowadays. It will never appear in Google's search results as they filter it all out and put it in their supplemental index which is as good as not having it at all.

I guess the thread starter want to know; Can google consider duplicate content if he submit same article in different article sites, I am too looking for an insight and proper reasoning on this.

Of course it is duplicate content. The original site gets credit for the article and the rest have their copies go into the supplemental results.

On the other hand, if the article is useful for your visitors, go ahead and put it, but don't expect G to bring free traffic to this page. So, duplicate content could still be useful for visitors but not for search engins.

Of course it is duplicate content. The original site gets credit for the article and the rest have their copies go into the supplemental results.

Thanks for your reply, that means the site owner ( original source of the article ) has nothing to worry for sending out his/her own content for syndication (on other websites).

I that were me I would wait a while until I was sure Google had my pages indexed first. That way you can be sure Google knows it is yours.

True! If you have an article, then first add to your website and wait for Google to index it. Then you can start submitting into various places.

If you are planning to add someone else article, then I'd recommend against it as on one hand it will NOT benefit you in anyway and on ther other hand you are only helping the orginal writer by providing him a quality back-link. Not a good move.

I'd recommend start writing quality content of your own or get it written instead of adding others content. Its not worth the efforts.

Also you can add a blog to your website and also add many Authors to it who will write articles/posts on your blog. So, its a win-win situation and you get traffic. :)

know of anywhere i can get authors

It depends on what Theme/Topic your website/blog would deal in.

Also you can post your requirements on various forums dedicated specially for "Wants" posts. I'm sure you will run into many Authors who are willing to posts on your blog. they just need a good flatform.

Good luck.

just wanna know .... if putting free articles on my site say 2 or 3 from free artical websites is a good or bad thing for search engines and is this a bad idea for my site in general.
I also submit articles that are from my site with my link in the author bio to these free article sites.is that a bad thing.?

sorry if this is a stupid question.lol

post those articles by splitting or editing it.
this 0k!

No it's not. It is still duplicate content. The bottom line is if you use unoriginal content that content will not help you with SEO as it will be essentially filtered out and devalued tot he point of worthlessness.

If you edit each sentence with at least 30% difference, it will work for sure. Just try to rewrite everything by yourself, even the author's copyright will not apply, also in this case no link needed )))

In the time it would take you to make the kind of changes to make the article seem unique you can write the same article yourself and make it even better. Plus the articles that are freely available are rarely very good and never link bait. Why not just write one good article for yourself that will actually be high quality and attract links? You will get a lot further that way.

In my case I have pages with biographies of italian fashion designers. It is not something that i can write as an article. But i can rephrase alot. And it worked those pages are not supplemental and attract alot of hits. And math formulas or poetry or citations for example can't be considered as dup. content.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.