I was creating an AdWords ad for our SEO forum and I tried using:

SEO Forum
Google News and Techniques
Free Webmaster Community

and it came back with an error message saying: You may not use the word "Google" in the text of your ad.

Heh :)

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I was creating an AdWords ad for our SEO forum and I tried using:

SEO Forum
Google News and Techniques
Free Webmaster Community

and it came back with an error message saying: You may not use the word "Google" in the text of your ad.

Heh :)

Yes Gal it is correct google does not allow to use their word as a key.

What google did is correct!

I guess it makes sense---they do what they wish--the big G that is.

I guess people have been trying to abuse the network by using the google name.

What I find amusing is that if you do a Google search for the keyword: overture, A whole bunch of Overture AdWords listings appear - it looks like Overture actually buys Google listings ;)

What I find amusing is that if you do a Google search for the keyword: overture, A whole bunch of Overture AdWords listings appear - it looks like Overture actually buys Google listings ;)

Yea ! Good Find Gal !

many companies buy Gooooooogle listings. Do any search and the first several pages of results will typically be paid for.

Google doesn't sell their results no matter how much you're willing to pay? What they do is let you buy the text ads that appear in the right column of the search result pages. Overture, on the other hand, integrates paid results with free results.

Ahh, but it looks like you *can* use Google in the Top part of the ad.

Since that ad advertises the Google AdWords program, it's probably a safe bet to say that Google put that ad there themselves! ;)

those were probably overture affiliate ads you saw for overture.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.