Google is now updating PR. Check your site PR. Mine got PR3 from unranked.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Yeah!

My blog has got PR0 to PR3 and directory got Zero from PR2.

One of the website down by 1, PR4 to PR3.

Definitely an update recently. I had one site go from a PR0 to a PR4, and I should have seen increases months ago if pagerank was anything close to current. Shows how unreliable PR is now.

The toolbar PR has been unreliable for years. It's stale data that we get only every three months or longer. It's virtually useless information.

But not useless for Google, I think. They still updating it with new strategies and algos. like this time, all paid web directories have been punished for the use of PR (giving higher PR for higher prices to the website owners for their listings).

Hi....I too get my site from PR0 to PR3....Thats really great

But not useless for Google, I think. They still updating it with new strategies and algos. like this time, all paid web directories have been punished for the use of PR (giving higher PR for higher prices to the website owners for their listings).

The information you see in the toolbar is months old. It does not reflect the current PR of the page and is useless. Google does use PR to rank websites but the data they have it much fresher and ore accurate. Toolbar PR is just for show. It has no value.

The information you see in the toolbar is months old. It does not reflect the current PR of the page and is useless. Google does use PR to rank websites but the data they have it much fresher and ore accurate. Toolbar PR is just for show. It has no value.

You want to say Useless for Google too.?

You want to say Useless for Google too.?

The number you see in the toolbar is useless to Google. That isn't the information they use because it isn't current information. It's just for show and nothing else.

Agree with Stymiee. I think Google would get rid of the PR toolbar altogether if it wouldn't cause such a mass uprising in the seo world. Instead, they can use it to their favor, plugging it with "fake" data to tell the seos what G wants them to know / think.

For example, in this latest update, Google lowered the toolbar PR of all sites which sell text links as a warning to stop. However, all of the sites rank just as well in the SERPS and get the same amount of traffic from Google ... for now.

You are right, i have heard that google penalized the paid web directories because of page rank and it might the cause of delay. Paid directories used page rank in their business. I think Google is just being fair to anyone and they want to improved their systems and find new strategies.

The toolbar PR has been unreliable for years. It's stale data that we get only every three months or longer. It's virtually useless information.

I agree with that. My blog Gems Collections that is found in my sigs shows sometimes a PR7 on google toolbar that is found in the upper part of the browser but the real PR is 3 only if I check it in SearchStatus.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.