There are five simple steps to make more traffic on your website.

1. Make website SEO based and try to get high rank.
2. Purchase Advertisement package from big companies like yahoo, adwords.
3. Post your articles to directories about your new website and business etc.
4.Post Advertisement on different free advertisement websites.
5. Use traffic exchange program (exchange links with those website who have similar contents and information from your website)

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

I would say that one of the biggest things that a new website needs to remember to do as a part of its marketing plan is to continually add trust building and valuable content/services to its website. This will not only help the site start to pick up some long tail search traffic pretty quickly but it will help the site gain trust in the eyes of its visitors and stimulate repeat traffic.

Those are simple steps but can really help in our site to gain more traffic. Nice sharing dude!

Also you should include social media modules to promote your businesses.

A few questions about your "5 Simple Steps To Make More Traffic On Your Website" post.

Once I purchase advertising on Yahoo AdWords, should I also purchase advertising on Google AdWords as well? Or would one or the other be sufficient?

Where do I look for the directories you mention in Step#3. Which directories would you suggest?

What, in your opinion are some of the better free advertisement websites you mention in Step#4?

Thanks.

Can you suggest an excellent book on website marketing to help beginners with the daunting task of marketing?

Thanks again.

not bad
very good and useful information
thx for sharing with us!

Another thing to do is to test your website. You can have a great looking website but if you aren't getting any traffic then you won't make any sales. It's important to test, test, test. Test everything, your headlines, your layout, the colors your using...everything. Testing tells you what your need to change, maybe even completely remove, or just tweek a little.
Start out with your headlines see which headline works the best, then move on to the rest of your website. It may take a while, but it will be well worth your time and effort.

Neely - thanks for the reply.
When you say test-test-test are you referring to the actual physical appearance of a web site after it has been uploaded to a server? If so, I might add that you would want to involve a few people in this process (friends, peers, etc.) to get different opinions, critiques, etc. What else would you (or other forum guests) suggest be done in this testing phase?

Thanks.

Neely - thanks for the reply.
When you say test-test-test are you referring to the actual physical appearance of a web site after it has been uploaded to a server? If so, I might add that you would want to involve a few people in this process (friends, peers, etc.) to get different opinions, critiques, etc. What else would you (or other forum guests) suggest be done in this testing phase?

Thanks.

Yes, I'm referring to the actual website. You could use Google Analytics it tells you where your traffic is coming from, what pages people visit, how long they stay for and even how well it converts.

You could try different headlines and see which one works best, try different colors, colors really do make a difference, maybe your copy needs something added or taken away, things like that. And, yes, you're right getting other peoples opinion too helps.

Thanks for hare it and i m newbie here

There are five simple steps to make more traffic on your website.

1. Make website SEO based and try to get high rank.
2. Purchase Advertisement package from big companies like yahoo, adwords.
3. Post your articles to directories about your new website and business etc.
4.Post Advertisement on different free advertisement websites.
5. Use traffic exchange program (exchange links with those website who have similar contents and information from your website)

Thanks

These are very basic steps that needs to be followed at the initial stage. Later on as the website gains momentum you need to switch to advanced modes of marketing to beat the competition.

Can you give some examples of the advanced modes of marketing you refer to in your post? I would like do so some research on the marketing methods you refer to.

Thanks. Have a great day! :)

You need to hire an SEO Expert as it is not good to disclose some advanced tools in public. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.