Hello,

For those that have sold their own website(s), how did you determine the value of the website?

Contents and traffic should be a huge factor in determining the value but I do not know how to set a price.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

A very general rule of thumb is to double or triple a site's annual revenue, and use that as a general ballpark area. Then, take into consideration what is being offered (i.e. custom design, custom scripts, keyword-rich domain name, how much branding you've done on the site, whether it has a lot of backlinks and is SEO optimized, etc.) and adjust accordingly.

Hi there,

basically before i sold my webhosting company, i was looking round at others selling similar businesses and got a good outlook there.
then i asked myself how much i would need. lastly calculated total yearly revenue and put a price slightly lower then that. took about a week to sell. :)

Slightly lower than annual revenue? I would triple annual revenue!! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.