Hi everyone,
I am from India.

I have a valid VISA credit card.

I wish to make purchase of a particular software from a USA website.

The particluar USA website only accepts payment through paypal.

So i tried to make payment through paypal by visiting link on USA website.

But when clicked on link it says i need to register first on paypal.

i registered with paypal.

But then spending limit is $ 0 inspite of the fact that i have added my credit card.

I am as a result unable to understand what I am doing wrong or missing.

Can some good soul be kind enough to explain in simple plain english why i am not able to make payment.

thanks in advance

anticipating your much awaited reply,

regards, sunando

sunandoghosh@rediffmail.com

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

You've posted this message on pretty much every webmaster forum out there but in all that time have you considered contacting PayPal support for assistance? Paypal has numerous account verrification features and guessing which one you have yet to go through is about impossible. Log in to your account, look for any notices telling you to validate information or for information on what steps you need to take to to increase your account limit. If there are no messages indicating what to do, cotnact paypal. They have access to your account and they can help you (thats why they exist).

Hi first of thank you very much for ur reply friend... :lol:

not every but a few which i am familiar with it as i have gone really desperate because i have emailed paypal and have received no reply :cry: and also the seller accepts payment only through paypal...

yes i am finding it really difficult to figure out things as things are appearing a bit complicated for me to understand...

i hope someone clears it who has faced similar sort of situation or that paypal replies... :eek:

What country is the company based in? Paypal usually does not require you, as the consumer, to be registered with Paypal any longer

I am a buyer from India and the seller (company) is based in USA.

I think indian buyers are required to register as they probably have to go through a long route of getting credit card verified first (which takes many days) before payments can be made...

not sure though...

still scratching my head...

the problem is that seller is not ready to accept payments other than paypal... :sad: :cry:

Have you contacted the merchant to see if there is another way? Or ask them about the no-sign up procedure? Some U.S. merchants still do not know about this even though it has been over a year since it came into affect

I do agree with ur viewpoint and have crossverified with many other people and my seller...

For many countries including India (which are most probably considered more prone to theft and fraud) paypal takes an additional step to verify their credit cards...

this process takes 5-6 days at least...

what paypal does is they charge 1.95$ and then u have to wait for ur credit card statement...now in ur credit card statement a "validation code" 4 digit is mentioned against $1.95 which has to be entered by logging in paypal account. Then only confirmation is complete and its only then that i can make payments for actual purchases.

This i have understood from my own searches on internet as nobody seems to have replied so far from paypal customer service...

Yes its true i want the software from my seller really badly and he has categorically mentioned that he accepts paypal only...

I have just peoposed to him the idea of storm pay and money booker(although i am not very confident about these two other programs) and am yet to hear anything from seller...

This is the whole story as far as i have understood....

What now further bothersme is the fact that is that -

I have a website and am going to start selling certain ebooks and programs and web services...

My most obvious choice was paypal in mind...

But what i now believe is that if my customers want to make payment through their credit card and use paypal...and if they r from India (or other countries from where people need to verify their credit card before actually making payments and wait for another5-6 days unline USA) then it will not be possible for them to pay me instantly as they will need to go through this enrollment program...

when i am myself so much hurted but since i need to pay urgently and have no choice as my seller accepts paypal only...but my customers may nopt be ready to wait 4-5 days for getting credit card verification...

Is there anything which can be done...

I wonder this bcz fraud in internet relating to credit card is no less in USA or any other developed country when compared to India or similarly countries. The reason being countries like USA are much more more technologically ahead and advanced and therefore it also brings with it inevitable increase fraud possibilities...

I do respect paypal as one of the most desirable programs but then certain issues like those which i have mentioned certainly deserve more attention...

I cannot initially afford 2checkout and ccavenue as i am not sure how my ecommerce thing will whether actually work or not and whether people will purchase or not...

I am not too confident about ikobo, stormpay and moneybrroker...

but then again i seem to have no choices as well...

Thank u to all wonderful people here for replying to my queries to the best of their ability....

sunando

It's a pretty simple problem -- paypal has limitations and to get something better, you need to use another service which will charge you setup and monthly fees. If you can not afford these fees or choose not to invest money into your busines supfront then you are stuck to using paypal. Paypal will sucessfully allow you to take payments and can be a perflectly sufficient solution for some sites but it really depends on who visits your site. My experience with sites that offer both paypal and integrated credit card payments is that people are far more likely to use the integrated method (by a factor above 8 to 1) for sites in high tech niches and more tradditional ones as well.

Seems like Rebecca actually answered your question on another board?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.