Hi all,

Ive recently developed some freeware software and Im trying to get some idea of the best method to distribute software via the many freeware sites on the web. Cnets upload.com seems to be the most prominent but Im curious to know if anyone has had any experience using them. In the past Ive used these types of sites and submitted pad files but found that your software ends up all over the web on low quality sites who avoid providing a link back to the publishers website. In particular if anyone can provide some feedback in regards to cnets service that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Buz

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I actually have used Cnet for downloads in the past and it was a great repository for freeware and shareware software, however, I found that many of the offerings were outdated. Maybe it changed now since last time I checked a few years ago.

Member Avatar for manutm

Hi,
I currently have a shareware on cnet and other sites. What I can see is the service is quite good but I don't get many downloads without advertising (thus paying.)
So I'm always looking for not too expensive ways of getting more downloads but
I don't think it's easy (for my product...)

I currently have a shareware on cnet and other sites. What I can see is the service is quite good but I don't get many downloads without advertising.I want to know more such solutions and regarding the distribution process.

You may also want to consider affliate marketing to plug your freeware/shareware if its appeals a big consumer group.

Member Avatar for manutm

Another way is asking editors to review your software on sites like cnet and pcworld. Obviously there is no guaranty they will do it but it's worth trying. I think a few sites have lists of their editors with their e-mails.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.