Hello all,
Top 5 Tips to Creating an Effective Blog

Popular blogs have one thing in common, an individual voice. A voice will not only gain readers, but it keeps them. Learn how to create your voice using these 5 bogging tips:

1. Create a Blog Personality
Don't formulate your posts. Let your voice shine through. Give your blog a personality.
2. Be Consistent in Your Posts
Be consistent. When starting out, try to post at least three times a week, preferably every other day.
3. Keep It Simple
Don't get caught up in the length of your posts. They don't have to be long. They can be random thoughts or tidbits of news regarding your industry. The key is to make them interesting.
4. Allow Comments
Allow comments. You can moderate comments, but comments create the viral effect by allowing your readers to interact with you. You will also want to research and comment on relevant industry related blogs.
5. Focus on Your Title
Titles draw traffic. Be creative. Not only do they capture the attention of potential readers, but those search engines love blog titles. A rule of thumb is to keep your title under ten words.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Good design, and text readability is also another thing. If I have to squint my eye to read the article, I'll close the tab right away.

You can also enlarge your chance of success by doing something more interesting. You can hold a contest to attract people to your blog, you can also interview some great people. Writing some interesting articles will also be helpful.

Alexa, this is very good information. One thing people need to keep in mind is that a blog should be informative. Adding quality and valuable content to your blog will make people WANT to visit, recommend others to visit and actually READ and even get motivated to leave a comment (but you should be able to accept of decline comments).

Great tips, it could be helpful for me to do effective online blogs.

If you are using keywords in title and content means you have done 50% SEO for your blog. Rest percentage will be covered by promotion.

Good read there. I think the effective posts for me are the ones that communicate effectively as a conversation and not just as an essay or article.

nice tips
thx for sharing with us!

As a former blogger, I totally commend your advice. I also believe in that the blog should have an easy to remember title and that the blogger should not practice any black hat SEO.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.