Hello all,
I created a classified/garage sale type site specifically for my local community only, I thought it was a great idea since delivery,inspection etc. is all local. However, even though i advertised in my local paper for 10 weeks sent postcards to residents and got over 7000 visitors the site didn't catch on. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with type of site and can give me some insight to why this failed. The site is sellinwestfield.com (this link is non meant to promote the site but for reviewing purposes). Any advice is appreciated.
Neil

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Yes and your type of site needs:
1. Constant buzz
2. Needs to create some value that readers feel compelled to come back and convert
3. You need to link up with other local/community groups and promote your site - both offline and online

Yes and your type of site needs:
1. Constant buzz
2. Needs to create some value that readers feel compelled to come back and convert
3. You need to link up with other local/community groups and promote your site - both offline and online

Thank you for the reply but i thought i did all that you suggested, even though the site gets 30-40 hits per day still no one wants to list their items. I really thought this was a good idea.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.