Hi Everyone,

I created Buy Now button with paypal using sandbox (for testing purpose) and I got succeeded, cash is flowing properly from buyer account to seller account. Now my question is, who will take care of shipment of product. I mean I should manually ship/deliver those products or Paypal will take care of it.

Kindly, suggest.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Member Avatar for LastMitch

I created Buy Now button with paypal using sandbox (for testing purpose) and I got succeeded, cash is flowing properly from buyer account to seller account. Now my question is, who will take care of shipment of product. I mean I should manually ship/deliver those products or Paypal will take care of it.

It should be the company that has the product. Not PayPal. If you are small busniess you are the one to make sure the product is set before it is shipped. Another words, you do the packaging and ship it to the destination.

Or

You can hired a 3rd parties that does that? But why you anyone do that, it will cost you more money.

Thanks for the reply. As I tested Buy Now button through Sandbox so, I didn't got any email saying your x goods are sold. On live when buyer purchase goods online through Paypal Buy Now button does it inform seller that, X buyer has purchased the goods so you need to deliver him the product. I mean how Seller will come to know if any purchase is made? Or he need to always keep checking his Cash received summary from his Paypal account?

Thanks for the reply. As I tested Buy Now button through Sandbox so, I didn't got any email saying your x goods are sold. On live when buyer purchase goods online through Paypal Buy Now button does it inform seller that, X buyer has purchased the goods so you need to deliver him the product. I mean how Seller will come to know if any purchase is made? Or he need to always keep checking his Cash received summary from his Paypal account?

Have you ever used a ecommerce website before? I mean the question you are asking is like you never used a shopping cart before.

When a user finish buying stuff on the website and click submit and the data will appear in the database and also on PayPal.

I mean there's an invoice for each purchase. You and the user have a copy of the invoice transaction.

The shipping part has nothing to do with PayPal. You have to shipped the product to the user. It means you also have to pack the gift or whatever item in a box and shipped it out either Fed ex or whatever.

Do you understand how it works now.

I'm fresh to ecommerce website. Even what I discuss that, I'm not doing through ecommerce. I'm just using Paypal Buy Now button which creates button for me. I just need to add button code in my html file. Once, user click on that button then, it will take user to paypal site and from their user can buy product. On purchase cash will deduct from buyer account and it will add in seller account. Till here my concept was clear but, I have doubt that, how seller will now that his product is sold or he need to see his cash flow in paypal account or do paypal sends mail to seller that, xyz product is sold.

Kindly, clear my concept.

Till here my concept was clear but, I have doubt that, how seller will now that his product is sold or he need to see his cash flow in paypal account or do paypal sends mail to seller that, xyz product is sold.

When someone buy something from your website.

The money will go your account.

Then you need to pack the item and shipped it that person.

Please don't used the word cash flow it make me wonder what you are actually trying to do.

Kindly, clear my concept.

I already repeat this couple of times.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.