I am new to PHPBB so I need some help finding things I have spambot counter measusers set tho 3d but still get spam. I am not sure if I have email verification on and the directions from PHPBB say turn this on but not what menu it is under. I also would like a mod to combat all the fake registrations I am getting
Thanks

One thing at a time :)

Firstly, I haven't played with phpBB in a very long time, so I can't give you any phpBB specific information. But here goes ...

1. You will want to enable CAPTCHA (human verification) in your registration process. You might also want to play around and see about integrating reCAPTCHA if it is not already built into phpBB.
  2. You will want to enable email verification. After someone registers, their account won't be active until they click a link in the email they received, to confirm that the email address is valid.
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.