Hello,

Im gonna start a site, selling a e-product/e-service(example, advertising space) and i need to accept payments, specially credit card.
I was thinking of Paypal(which i think accepts credit cards also) and/or 2CO , for now i was looking for something that didnt require a emerchant account or no high monthly fees. Which Company dou you advice me to choose?
Also how does one receives the money, for example, paypal transfers the funds directly to the bank account? even if they are in the european union? what do you use in your sites to accept credit cards?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Why do you need to accept credit cards. I can understand why it's necessary with retail, but if you're looking to sell advertising space, I don't think it's necessary. I've been doing just fine betweeen my PayPal account, direct deposit bank transfers, and mailed checks, and have never lost a client yet due to not accepting credit card payments. In fact, it's not really worth it to me to pay the credit card processing fees. If they really want to advertise with you, they'll find another way to pay. While the advertising industry is definitely ultra fast paced, it's not so much impulse buying as retail shops are, where they want it here and now and just want to swipe a couple of numbers in your face in exchange.

If you need a solution for european union alternatively you can also use ChronoPay, their charges are quite reasonable.

I would suggest Nochex Merchant account for UK. Cheaper and customisable.

You can also try Google Checkout, which is the latest payment processor by Google.
If you use Google adwords, you can save money with payment processing fees.

You can also try Google Checkout, which is the latest payment processor by Google.
If you use Google adwords, you can save money with payment processing fees.

Judging by this user's post I'd say they can't use it because they aren't in the US.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.