Hi Guyz,
What are the ways to find out voice searched keywords in order to optimize your websie for voice searches Rankings issues?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I might be mistaken, but I’m not so sure this is possible. I haven’t seen anything in Google Analytics or Google Search Console that lets me know if a keyword was typed in or queried via voice. I don’t think that Google exposes this information through an API, either, meaning that there wouldn’t be any third-party SEO tools that are capable of presenting you with this information. Outside of Google, I don’t think Apple releases this information about Siri powered searches either.

Does most of your traffic come from mobile? I would guess that voice searches tend to be more often performed in the car or when out and about, or times when it makes more sense to be hands-free.

commented: But if we need to optimize our keywords for voice searches what should we do, is there any way? +2

I will do a little more research, but I don't think this is currently possible. However, I also must admit this is outside of my area of expertise. Voice searches typically cater to local brick and mortar places ... e.g. "OK Google, what is a good restaurant in the neighborhood?" or searches that someone would typically do while driving hands-free or on-the-go.

My SEO expertise, while spanning a long career, is limited to working on DaniWeb, where almost all traffic is from people using desktops.

commented: Yeag Got It! +2

While Google doesn't disclose that information, exploring tools like "AnswerThePublic" and finding natural language queries on platforms like Quora might be helpful.

Analyze your Google Search Console data to see which queries trigger voice searches to your site. Google Search Console provides search and traffic data that can reveal popular voice queries. You can also use tools like AnswerThePublic, SEMrush, or Ahrefs to find related keywords people commonly search via voice. Look for questions, phrases, and conversational terms people would naturally speak when asking Google or Siri something. Ensure your content addresses the topics, questions, and concerns people frequently have. Test different variations of keywords in voice search engines to see what auto-suggested terms and related questions come up.

Optimize for long-tail keywords Voice searches tend to be more conversational and longer than text-based searches. Targeting long-tail keywords can help you capture more voice search traffic

Use question-based keywords People often use voice search to ask questions. Targeting question-based keywords can help you capture more voice search traffic

Analyze search queries Look at your current and past campaigns with a voice search analytics lens to see if you already have some voice queries to work with. You can also use Google's autocomplete function to discover keywords for voice search

Utilize keyword research tools Use keyword research tools like Answer the Public to generate a list of potential voice search keywords

Target conversational keywords Voice searches mimic natural conversation, so targeting conversational keywords can help you capture more voice search traffic

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.