I have been working on my site for a long time now and I noticed something different. Back in 2019 when I started a campaign on Google Ads to promote my site the traffic kept going up day after day. Although it was a small increment it was going up nonetheless. Today, may website users are not coming back. I am losing traffic instead. The website is much better than before and I don't know what is wrong. are platforms like Tik-Tok stealing all the traffic?

Have you noticed stuff like this now or in the past?

And what is the normal retention rate for a memes website?

Thank you,
Farris

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

It really depends on the specific niche of the website. However, from my perspective (and this is only my perspective), most people get their fill of memes nowadays across Tik-Tok, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc.

People have already incorporated these sites into their daily browsing habits. For me, I would probably not go to a separate website just looking for memes, but maybe that’s just me.

Don’t have a mailing list? If not, perhaps create a sign up form on your site. Mailing lists are a great way to keep past users engaged and coming back.

Bummer about the traffic drop. It happens, and yeah, TikTok's popularity might play a role. For memes, retention rates vary but aim for 20-40%. Check your analytics for insights.

Have you checked latest March core updated? G will have now a strong anti spam policy.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.