shimon 0 Light Poster

Here is a very cool advertising idea. Mobile Coupons. This is not my idea, that is why I have titled the post by the originator's name. To give him the credit, where credit is due. As far as I know, Brent Dusing has created the first "mobile coupons" service.

Here's how it works, in case anyone want to replicate it:

Once the software is installed on your cell phone, all you need to do is choose the coupon you want to use ( eg: Hollywood Video), then go to the store and show the clerk the coupon code on your cell phone. That's it. Pretty cool.

Now, what's to stop copycats from creating a similar software product/service? Nada. Just as there are thousands of coupon sites on the web, I believe there will soon pop up thousands of mobile coupons. But, Brent Dusing is the first. So, kudos to him and his company. The race is on.

Now the cat is out of the bag, on the best IT Community site on the web. Oh uh;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.