I am in the process of developing a website that is a large, specific type video database combined with a functional social network. Sites offering similar content in different media format average 78,000 pages per day, 29000 visits per day, and 16,000 unique hosts per day. My site is innovative in its market and I am currently in the process of attempting to forecast revenues based on CPM advertising. Is there a base CPM rate that individuals use for forecasting purposes? Also, once the site is running and generating traffic, can I find advertising without having to use a ValueClick or Tribal Fusion type organization? Will advertisers come to me if the site is generating desirable audiences?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

CPM is hard to estimate without a specific target market bc it varies a lot. I usually estimate about a 14% click through rate for my ads though. If you build a good site that ranks well advertisers will find you. Companies will in most cases contact you if you build a good site that ranks well, hasn't happened to me yet but people I know.

CPM rates are usually between $2 and $200. :) A 14% CTR is extraordinarily high, but it all depends upon the type of content on the page and how sticky the site is.

I am in the process of developing a website that is a large, specific type video database combined with a functional social network. Sites offering similar content in different media format average 78,000 pages per day, 29000 visits per day, and 16,000 unique hosts per day. My site is innovative in its market and I am currently in the process of attempting to forecast revenues based on CPM advertising. Is there a base CPM rate that individuals use for forecasting purposes? Also, once the site is running and generating traffic, can I find advertising without having to use a ValueClick or Tribal Fusion type organization? Will advertisers come to me if the site is generating desirable audiences?

hi iam mohan.you can find advertising without having to use a ValueClick or Tribal Fusion type organization.advertisers will come to you if the site is generating desirable audiences.

There are several APIs out there that help you learn your user demographics and command higher CPM from direct selling of advertisements.

Fastclick could be one of the better option.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.