hi...i started a forum....800 members have joined it...got ads by google in the site.....income on the ADS is very less...on an averge i am getting about 20cents..each day....and click are also very less..(i dont click on the ads)....

now how do i urge the users to click on the ADS plese give me a word of advice.....

hullo cscgal...if u dont mind...can u tell me how much u are getting on the google ads?????????

its ok...if u dont want to say it.....

Recommended Answers

All 40 Replies

dont or google will ban you from adsense indefinately

It's against the AdSense T&C's to disclose earnings, and would be bad business practice anyway so that isn't going to happen :)

As for getting users to click on the ads, well you can't force them - just doesn't work like that.

how do i give reputation points to u...i dont know the process????????????

To give reputation points simply click on the 'add to <user> reputation' link at the top of the relevant posting, and fill in the pop-up dialogue.

It violates the Google terms of service to disclose CTR or earnings to others. It also violates the Google TOS to have any incentives at all encouraging clicks.

exactly what i said

lOl u should not force some1 to click u should make them ;) forcing will eventually get u banned but making them wont =D

My best suggestion is to just make them blend in with your site, leave all the 'ads by Google' text but make the ad links the same format as text links on your site. Stay away from popups or positioning ads or covering up the ads by Google or your account will be disabled.

Web designers use [search]call to action[/search] page elements to send subliminal messages to web visitors about where you want them to click. Read up on it - you can apply similar techniques to Google AdSense by varying color and placement. And always use Google AdSense channels to do A/B testing.

Web designers use [search]call to action[/search] page elements to send subliminal messages to web visitors about where you want them to click. Read up on it - you can apply similar techniques to Google AdSense by varying color and placement. And always use Google AdSense channels to do A/B testing.

What are some good sites to read up on this?

>>now how do i urge the users to click on the ADS plese give me a word of advice.....

A sure-fire way to lose all 800 members is to tell them they have to click on the adds. If you did that to me when I joined your site you would never see me again.

Good advice by Dani.

One thing I would note, though, is that forums are notoriously difficult to monetise. After all, people are there to join the discussion, not to buy things. It's the buyers that you need to be targetting with PPC ads.

If you're getting a lot of impressions on your pages without many clicks, then check out advertising schemes where you get paid per impression - do a search for 'CPM advertising network' or something similar, there are lots out there. Might work a bit better.

As is always the case with making money out of a site, you need to test, test and do some more tests. Colours, positioning, blended ads, non-blended ads, CPM, CPA, popups, interstatials, etc. Lots of different options for you, but just keep testing. Eventually you'll find what works best for you and you'll be wiser for it.

good luck.

I suppose you could try image ads (force only images to be displayed) maybe some flashy image ads would be more welcome for clicks

But definetelly as mentioned before, I think forum people are not "clickers"

i always click the ads here to keep daniweb in buisness. its kinda my duty lol

I don't think you're helping anyone by clicking on ads that you've no interest in learning more about. It's people doing this that reduces willingness in the industry to commit sums to online advertising.

At the end of the day there's no difference between what you're doing an click fraud. I'm pretty sure Dani wouldn't advocate that.

As previous mentioned, this might be helping Dani for now, but once the advertisers realize that things like that are happening then will not trust adwords for their advertising.

I have though the feeling that google knows to discount a click that the user just jumps back to the originating page immediatelly, so maybe your clicks are not really resulting to $$

Why you dont try to customize your ADS with you forum design?

Why you dont try to customize your ADS with you forum design?

You need to be careful about that though. If you put ads near images, for example, or where it's misleading and it begs for clicks, you can get banned from AdSense.

But yes, if it's flowing with text, it can work. That's why you see AdSense ads throughout on many sites and blogs.

I don't think you're helping anyone by clicking on ads that you've no interest in learning more about. It's people doing this that reduces willingness in the industry to commit sums to online advertising.

At the end of the day there's no difference between what you're doing an click fraud. I'm pretty sure Dani wouldn't advocate that.

Sorry, jbenett, but it's true. If anything, clicking on ads you're genuinely not interested in just to help out the website publisher will get said publisher banned from the AdSense program for click fraud.

woops, ok

It is not right to click your own ads and it is against the google adsense policy. You need to placed your google ads that can be seen by users and blend it with your content.

Hi, IMHO the best way to get clicks is to place adds at the right place. When some one reads and article and then after the article is over there are some relevant links below, there is high probability those links will be clicked. From my own experience I had a site with very low revenue from Google Ads. I tried to put banners or text advertising at the left margin of the site. And often readers did not pay enough attention to banners just because they are banners and they are located at the wrong place. Only banners which are of very high quality can be placed at the right/left margins of the site. But IMHO text ads should be placed just below the main content. Google provides just about perfect analytics and text mining and it will show almost 100% relevant ads on pages. So, the question is where to place them.

Any way all discussed above are very good advices and recommendations. And I had to re-read Google's policies due to information posted above ;) I was not so attentive to note all Google AdSense rules. Thanks.

P.S. If I violated some policies here, please edit my comment accordingly...

wicked.

On a similar note, you could look into tag clouds ...... and attach ad pop-ups to them. Some ad networks even provide the code to do that automatically. People have a tendency to move their mouse over tag clouds...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_cloud
http://www.ads-click.com/publisher/webpublisher.html

dont worry just have patience

1) have some good advertisements for your website which is the key to your success

2) its true you will be banned if you make an appeal

3) so its better to stay calm and have more and more advertisments for your website

First... Forcing someone to CLICK google ADS will give just few cents and the person will not GET what he wants.
Second... Its Unethical and Violates Google's Terms
Third... The advertisers are cheated.. click frauds will by and large affect the online advertising in worst way.. That is why Google Started Smart Pricing and all that stuff.
Fourth... If things go outta control, it will have adverse effect on online advertising, the advertisers will bid a lower value and You the PUBLISHER will not earn as u dream of.

So better be ETHICAL.

Regards
Kiwi

Agreed. Having good content on your site and keep your visitors interests and attention will make your visitors trust you. When they believe in you and your site, they'll believe in the ads, and are more inclined to actually purchase from your advertisers. It's NOT about impressions. It's NOT about clicks. It's about making sure that your advertisers are running successful campaigns on your site that gives them a return on their investment. Even if you sell campaigns on a CPM or CPC basis (charging by the impression or click), you have to ensure advertiser success to remain successful.

Here are some tips, use the large rectangle, leave the links blue or the color of the links on your forum, remove the border from the ad unit, leave the url of the link the same color of the description...have ads inbetween or beside your content in this case your forum posts...if you implement all these techniques you should see your earnings get better..hopefully

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.