I am seeking opinions for a job I recently was asked to do about a blog owner that has good traffic going to their blog . They want to be able to turn their blog readers into book buyers for thier book publishing site .
I had recommended that they make the blog to be the main site and initiate banners on their blog to bring attention to the publishing arm. IMO their blog doesn't mention much about their books or publishing so when blog readers are visiting, no attention is mentioned about the publishing end.

I am sure someone has experienced this at one time or another.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

My apologies for the urls and the misspells, yuk!...

Try to generate review from readers in your blog as Amazon is doing. :)

My apologies for the urls and the misspells, yuk!...

No problem. However, instead of using banner advertising, instead make it all tightly integrated content. Do a feed of "recommended books" on the actual blog pages, etc. Don't make the blog and the eCommerce site two separate entities.

What an interesting way to get people interested in reading! Book trailers are like movie trailers, but for books! You can find them all over the internet now, but here is a site that's featuring them on YouTube. <snipped>

Now adays very popular to book trailer to create blog and earn money
-----------------------------------------------
If you haven't checked out book trailers, or if you want to see some really cools ones I've found a few places that are really good. My favorite is on YouTube at www.youtube.com/booktrailers, but I also like the new ones on the BN.com site at www.bn.com and go to the BN Studio, and I love the Borders Media site too. VidLits are pretty cool www.vidlits.com. http://www.youtube.com/booktrailers

I agree with CSCGal, you should try and put a recommended books section on the blog. Further to this try and show a count of the books sold (popularity) and do ask readers to write reviews of the book. I ams sure this will attract lot of attention.

Hmm.. I notice many people are using their blogs or articles to generate business. I am guilty of that.. lol.

Reviews also is a good way to convince the readers to buy the product.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.