Hello, I'm starting out a forum community, is there anymore suggestions? I'm thinking now to upgrade to vBulletin, but not sure... I've the thought that vBulletin is more Search Engine friendly than SMF.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Over the years, DaniWeb has migrated from YaBB SE (the predecessor to SMF) to phpBB to vBulletin. I couldn't be happier with vB.

I quite like IPB... it looks seem to look better than alot of vb skins. apart from this one.... obviously ;)

I have used most of the known scripts and believe that all have ups and downs. For the paid script I'd go with IPB next time, I had only huge issues with VB, the only forum script that never worked as I would have expected. Even phpBB is better

I think that any script could be just as SEO friendly as any other script with a bit of tweaking. All three can be set to not use session IDs, all three can be set to use .html static URLs, etc.

Choose a script based off of its features, usability, customizability, and which YOU like best for your community ... and then make it SEO friendly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.