Hey,

I know basic HTML and i recently saw an excellent application for the Apple Mac called TextMate, you could write xhtml, html and it provided hints of what you could be typing aswell as colour co-ordinated and aligned everything so its clear what you are doing. I was just wondering is there any other good applications for Windows thats similar to this that i could download ( don't particularly like notepad/wordpad and don't want to use dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

try notepad++ or editplus

try dreamweaver... it's pretty nice, since you can preview wha you're writing in the same application or in your localhost...

try notepad++ or editplus

Thanks, these are what im looking for ^^

try dreamweaver... it's pretty nice, since you can preview wha you're writing in the same application or in your localhost...

I was warned not to use dreamweaver mainly because it includes a lot of code that is unnecessary, thanks for the reply tho :)

you can use it the other way around.. write your own code and check it out in the design view...

I like writing my own code in Dreamweaver and then previewing the pages in the different browsers I have installed.

I rarely, if ever, let Dreamweaver write code for me.

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

I use UltraEdit or Dreamweaver. Here's a list of free editors or, try these free editors.

HTML-Kit
AceHTML Freeware
Crimson Editor
1st Page
Coffeecup Free HTML Editor

> I was warned not to use dreamweaver mainly because it includes a lot of code that is unnecessary

Perhaps any WYSIWYG editor would produce unnecessary code. Dreamweaver is no exception. However if you write code yourself in DW, its a great editor.

thanx to all guys for there valuable info. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.