I am not a newbie but have knowledge in Swish,dream weaver,fireworks and so on.What i need is a lesson in flash because my brain is on overload if u know what i mean....But i could use some instruction.I bought and downloaded a flash web template but need to edit some of the text content and some of the images.I managed to get a decompiler program and edit the main image but i don't get how to tackle the text part.I could have some one log in to my test PC and give me a brief overview on flash. I figure this would be easier than typing it all out. I really need Someones help...signed pulling my hair out..oh but I am bold

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Let me see if I get it: you have a Flash template but it's a SWF file, not an open editable FLA file and wants to change the text inside?

Maybe you should start by letting us know where you got this template from, the URL to it so we can take a look and see what it does, etc. It may be simpler than it looks.

A brief overview on Flash will not help you if you don't have th FLA file. And if you have the FLA file you do not need a decompiler...
So... I really don't know what you need or want at this point.

Please, help us help you. :)

Let me see if I get it: you have a Flash template but it's a SWF file, not an open editable FLA file and wants to change the text inside?

Maybe you should start by letting us know where you got this template from, the URL to it so we can take a look and see what it does, etc. It may be simpler than it looks.

A brief overview on Flash will not help you if you don't have th FLA file. And if you have the FLA file you do not need a decompiler...
So... I really don't know what you need or want at this point.

Please, help us help you. :)

Yes,
you are right, he have do this what you said.
Please clear one thing what is real meaning of "FLA"
I am waiting your response.

thanks

FLA is the editable Flash file. It contains all the layers, key frames, motions guides, programming, and everything else. It is the source file of the SWF. Before you put the movie (FLA file) online you save it as a SWF. The SWF is what people are actually seeing. SWF is not editable.
SWF would be like merging all layers in a Photoshop image before giving it to a client. It is a way to protect your work (people can't see what you did or how you did it) yet they can still see the end product.

FLA is the editable Flash file. It contains all the layers, key frames, motions guides, programming, and everything else. It is the source file of the SWF. Before you put the movie (FLA file) online you save it as a SWF. The SWF is what people are actually seeing. SWF is not editable.
SWF would be like merging all layers in a Photoshop image before giving it to a client. It is a way to protect your work (people can't see what you did or how you did it) yet they can still see the end product.

Thanks for your information.
This is very helpful to me.
Thanks a lot

is the problem solved...??
if not i can help you out...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.